Laurel and Travis, and our new nephew Levi, came down this weekend to help us celebrate Ollie's birthday. His birthday is really Tuesday, but we're gonna celebrate tonight so that they can be a part of it. They have to drive home Tuesday. Yesterday they came to our stake meeting that Elder Oaks was having with our stake. What I heard of it was good, I was out in the hall or wrestling Ollie the whole meeting. He had everyone laughing the whole time. (Elder Oaks, not Ollie) It's so cool to see that side of an apostle. (the less serious side you get at conference) Adam said he talked on everyone's talks. He took notes of the other speakers talks, and then just elaborated. At the end of the meeting, an older lady who sat behind us wrote Gabe a note and gave her a sucker. She told her she was so impressed by how well she behaved. It was so cute! (So I put some pictures of it up)
We've been holding and playing with Levi as much as possible. That boy is addicting, he's so cute. My kids won't leave him alone. Neither will Greta for that matter. :) So I posted some pics of us enjoying him.
Last night we took them on hiking on the red cliffs up to the dixie sign. We kept Ollie contained and he was not happy, but we didn't want him walking around where it was unsafe. So that's the reason he was screaming in all of these pictures. Once we came back down we let him down and he was thrilled. We got some fun pics and were glad we got to go up there for our first time (since living here) with La and Trav for their first time.
Is that not sweet?-i don't think my kids were that quiet, but I'm glad someone else thought so. :)





3 comments:
Who was on rattle snake duty? What a great hike. I bet packing babies around burned twice the calories so you could enjoy the skookie without any guilt. And yes Levi is addicting. Laurel rarely gets to hold him when they visit my house! What a sweet lady to give such nice positive reinforcement to Gabrielle. That is something I should do so much more.
I would have loved hiking that! How fun. Guess Steve and I will have to visit again. ;)
Glad Gabe was good at church, too bad Ollie wasnt so much. But there is only so much we can expect from a 1 year old!
Way to go Gabe! I am totally not surprise she was amazing. That's so cool the lady took time to write the note and pic for Gabe. You hike looks like so much fun! Poor Ollie does look like he is dying to break free. In the last pics you can tell by his big cheese that he is loving his freedom. The pics are so cute!! love them all. I am so glad that Laurel and Travis and Levi got to come out to help celebrate Ollie's bday!
Post a Comment