Thursday, January 13, 2011

Life with Gabrielle

So I decided that one of my goals for this year, was to record more everyday experiences with my kids. I always take pictures and tell stories of holidays, events, and our outings. I still plan to do that, but I'd like to record more short little stories about my kiddos/family in everyday life. Right now Gabe has the funniest little personality. She says and does the funniest things. So introducing my, "LIFE WITH...." Series regarding my kiddos/family. They will include updates or funny stories from everyday life.

FIRST- Gabrielle has decided within the last month and a half to be done taking naps. A little sooner than I had hoped now that I finally got Ollie on a nap schedule, but that's okay. She takes a nap every other or every third day or so. I actually still make her have "Quiet time" by herself. It actually has been good for her to learn a little independence in her playing. So she gets to go into her room and play by herself for a bit. A lot of the times we are finding her falling asleep during quiet time. It's a tricky schedule for her, cause it's so inconsistent, but we'll eventually adjust.

SECOND- On sunday we were walking through the church hallway and there was a pretty horrid smell. Gabe yells, "EWWW it's stinky in here." This was after church, so the hallway was pretty full. I told her, "It's okay honey, don't worry about it." Not wanting her to embarrass whoever caused it. She goes, "No Momma, it's stinky in here." By now everyone was looking at her yelling these things. She then yells, "Momma did you toot?" I told her no I didn't as everyone is staring at me. She then says, "It's okay to toot Momma. You stinky, but I love you." Good to know her love wont abandon me in an embarrassing moment.

THIRD- I took Gabe to the library the other night for some Mother-Daughter bonding time. She loves to go pick out books and read them in the little chairs they have there. So I decided, why not? It's free and it won't take too long. ( not having too much time between ollie needing to eat again) Plus she needed some one on one time. So we got there, gathered some books, and sat in the chairs to read. She was kinda distracted by other kids there. Most of the time it's pretty empty. She wasn't too into our books this time. I continued to read, as she yells, "Just a minute Momma." She whips out her toy cell phone out of her pocket, making a ringing noise as she does it. (I had no idea she even had it in there-I always make her leave toys in the car) She then has a pretty exciting imaginary conversation with her Daddy, Ollie, and Greta. She wasn't being too quite. All the parents around us were just giggling at her as she hushed me several times so she could talk. I decided it was time to leave if she didn't care to read and was being really loud, and she continued her conversation all the way out to the car. When we got home Adam asked how it went. I told him I'd appreciate if he wouldn't call his daughter when he knows we are at the library. :)

5 comments:

Judy said...

Thanks for that laugh. I almost fell off my chair at work!

Michele said...

I hope you don't blush easily. What a crack up!!

Katrina said...

That is stinking hilarious! Oh what a funny girl.

KBPatterson said...

I was actually thinking the same thing about blogging more than just holidays and such. I am going to try to do better myself. I was laughing so hard. Whether you farted or not, everyone in that hallway believes you did. ha. I love that she had a fun phone conversation at the library. Too funny! What a cutie. Gotta love their imaginations!

Grandma Krissy said...

She's so funny!!! And soooo cute!