Sunday, January 9, 2011

Start of a New Year

So How has our new year been? Pretty chill actually. I love it that way. It's such a nice thing after such a busy time of the year. Really I feel like there is something I keep forgetting to blog about, but there really isn't. So I figured I'd show you what we have been up to.......(there are a bunch of pics)

This is our neighbor Elijah, who is at our house asking to play at least once a day. It's cute and obnoxious all at the same time. He's seven and his mom is doing the single mom thing, so she's NEVER home. I feel so bad for him. I've never met his mom, so it's weird having him in my house hanging out. I know that sounds silly, but I think his mom should know who I am before I have her kid inside my house a lot. So he always asks to play outside, but if Ollie is awake I don't want him out there. Gabe is two, I'm not sending her outside to play without me. SOOOO, he gets told no a lot. I've been meaning to introduce myself to his mom, so that he can play more inside with us, cause he's a good kid starving for attention. She's only home in the evenings, and it's the hardest time for me to try to meet her. It's also hard for me, cause I think if I did invite him in, I wouldn't be able to get rid of him either. Then I would feel like I was watching this kid every day. It's a weird situation. However, when we do get to play with him, Gabe loves it, cause he runs and jumps, and plays anything she wants to. He's really good with her, and he loves Greta.


Had to throw in some recent bath pics


I am a sucker for the dollar bins in Target. I got Gabe some foam swords to take home to play with Daddy one night. She came in the door yelling, "Un dward Daddy!" They've been a hit ever since. (She loves the Mickey Mouse Three Musketeers Movie.)

Ollie and I just watch the craziness



Introducing Dr. Silly Goose. Yeah I know, but that's the name she wanted. (It's my knickname for her-I call her Goose) We play Doctor a lot. She loves it. Another time she named herself Dr. Person. Ha! Gotta love it.

I make one helpful Nurse


Don't you hate busy waiting rooms? ;)

Ollie is attempting to teach himself to roll over. He's actually done it twice onto his tummy.

And there would be something wrong if we weren't Geocaching. So Adam and his friend Brad took Gabe and Owen out caching on Saturday. They had a blast.

6 comments:

Grandma Krissy said...

Fun times at the Fluckiger house! Wow...the kids sure are growing up. Ollie is such a cute little man.

KBPatterson said...

I feel so bad for kids like Elijah. We had a kid like that in Cedar Hills. So I understand the whole cute and obnoxious thing. Poor kid. Foam swords are the greatest! Soon enough, Ollie will be wanting in on that action too. ha. I love the pics of Gabe playing Doc. She is adoreable! I love her upside down Dr. Silly Goose name tag too. It won't be long before Ollie is mobile. Fun stuff!

Lenard said...

Love the pictures! The kids are growing up so fast! Looks like you guys have already been having fun in the new year! I feel bad for your neighbor boy that is a hard situation! He probably is really greatful for you to be is next door neighbor! Love the doctor pictures how fun is that!

Katrina said...

That all looks so delightful! Swords, Doctor, Geocaching... fun!!
Ollie is such a cute little guy. Sorry Mandy, all I see is Adam in that face!

Angela Muir said...

Mandy your kids are SO cute! ollie is just adorable. hey i think we have the wrong address for you because your Christmas card was returned today. email the correct one to me so i can send you a baby announcement in a few weeks. angelarenee.m@gmail.com, hope you guys are doing great!

Judy said...

Thanks for keeping us up to date. Looks like good times at your house. Gabe makes a great doc - and Ollie is just getting cuter everyday.