I figured that I would post a bit about our Anniversary. I have to first tell you that we are on a strict budget, and we didn't expect anything extravagant to happen. Adam throughout the week had been working through his lunch breaks and worked a few extra hours. I couldn't figure out why, and he was very hush-hush about it. Well come to find out, it was so on Friday morning he could watch the kids, so I could sleep in. For the first time in two and a half years, and not have to get up at six in the morning or earlier. Well technically I still had to get up to feed Ollie, but I jumped enthusiastically back into bed afterwards. I can not remember what it's like to sleep past seven in the morning. Every once in a while Gabe will sleep that late, but it's VERY VERY rare. SO, this was by far the best gift for me EVVVEERRR! :0) Now if I wasn't sleep deprived, it might have been hard to sleep in, cause I really get used to it. However, my children are stinkers, and they BOTH get me up MULTIPLE times each night. It's a hard stage we are working through right now. Adam gets to hear me whine about how tired I am all the time, so he did that for me.
Anyway, that Friday morning I eventually woke up around nine thirty to Gabe holding an egg above my head. HA! Adam had told her to come fetch me to eat the breakfast they had made me. He didn't realize she had taken that with her. So I was very confused when she woke me. Especially when she told me to stay there and they'd wake me in a minute. Cute girl. I got a nice breakfast as well. Adam worked the rest of the day, and we had decided that on the way home he'd get a pizza. Not just any pizza, the super yummy Bj's restaurant kind that we love. We splurged on that. We then had a family movie night, and watched "How to Train Your Dragon" with the kids. I know it might not be what most people plan for an anniversary, but it truly was perfect. The best "gift" we gave ourselves was to skip a night on our workout plan. (and to eat junk) Adam and I have been doing this workout routine together, and we skipped it Friday night to hang out with the family. It was a big deal, cause we are three weeks into it, and you commit to working out almost every day. We end up putting the kids to bed, we work out, and then we go to bed. So as you can imagine, it was a party to take a night off. :) (side note: we do enjoy working out together) Anyway, after the kids went down, we spent the night reminiscing about us dating, being engaged, and our wedding. It's kinda our tradition. We watch our wedding video, and talk about our lives together so far. It's funny to see as our marriage gets longer, how much more there is to talk about. Moving to Reno, having Gabe, having Ollie, etc. It's crazy how fast it all goes.
So today, Saturday, we did drop the kids off at a ward member's house for a few hours to go and play. Their family has been offering to watch them forever, and we finally took them up on it. Especially since they are sweet, and don't want a payment. I told Adam we will be that family to help young couples out when we get older. They are wonderful, and the kids did great. Now like I said before, we are on a budget, so we ended up Geocaching. As you all know Adam is obsessed, and I don't get much time to enjoy it with him. I do enjoy it as well. It's hard to take the kids in the winter, or to multiple caches. So we decided we'd take some munchies and see how many we could find in two hours. We found ten. Wahoo! I even found two, I'm really new at it. (when we go as a family i usually hang with ollie or i was huge and pregnant, and Adam and Gabe find it.) We would have found more, but we spent a bunch of time trying to find to different ones that we couldn't ever find. That was the only frustrating part about it for me. It was like we were kids on this little adventure. It was a really fun way to hang out together, and one we won't be able to do again anytime soon. The weather was so warm today, we didn't even wear jackets when we were frolicking about. So nice.
I have decided after my awesome anniversary weekend, that I like a "poor man's" anniversary. It makes you appreciate more, and you have to get creative. It really is one I will look back on, and be so grateful we celebrated the way we did.
6 comments:
thats such a great idea. i think i need to bust our our wedding video for our anniversary, too!
what a nice, fun, easy, low-key day.
Isn't sleeping in heavenly! What a great hubby you have. Your day sounds perfect. We can relate to the low key and low cost anniversaries. That is so nice that you guys got to spend a couple of hours with just the two of you too. Happy anniversary again! Here's to an eternity more.
It sounds like yall had a lot of fun! That was so sweet of Adam, you've got yourself a great guy!
With this year's new reduced budget, I am sure Michael and I will have to be finding creative low/no cost activities as well. I think your anniversary sounds wonderful. and you even brought a bit of romance into it with your reminiscing. Nice.
What a great weekend for the two of you! Keep up the good work. You are both wonderful people!
I would agree, we always go the "poor mans" anniversary since we've been married. Ya know at times we wish we could do something really fun and exciting, but definitely do appreciate more of the one on one quality time you get going the poor route. Sorry a little late, but HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!
Post a Comment