I tried uploading the video of her meeting him at the hospital, but blogger keeps giving me errors. SO i guess I can't post it. Sorry.
Giggling * Camping * Diapers * Taking Pictures* ABC's * Blogging * Running* Movies* Reading * Mountain Biking * Playing Cars * Swinging * Cooking * Coloring * Hiking * Ponies * Cleaning * Meetings * Counting * Dancing * Singing *Geocaching * Golfing * Kite Flying *
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Big Sister
Gabe was excited to have Ollie come ever since she "understood" the concept of him being in my tummy. She would ask to go get him everyday. So when she finally got to come and meet him at the hospital she was really excited. Since having him home she likes to help me do things for him. So far her favorite is to help bath him, which she is really good at. She likes to help get him diapers, pick out clothes, she shows him all her toys to "play" with him, and lately loves to hold him. In the beginning she loved to touch and talk to him. It's just been lately that she has wanted to hold him and cuddle him. We've already had talks about how she doesn't lift him up without help, so we're hoping that one sticks. So far she's been really good about it. She gets worried when she doesn't know where he is. When he cries she like to tell him, "Shhhh, it's okay baby Ah-ye. It's okay buddy." It's pretty dang cute. She likes to let him know that she is his sister, and he is her brother. We still have family in town helping out. I'm hoping that when we go back to "normal" life without visitors that she will still love the fact that he is here. Here are some pictures of her lovin on her brother, and helping take care of him.











I tried uploading the video of her meeting him at the hospital, but blogger keeps giving me errors. SO i guess I can't post it. Sorry.
I tried uploading the video of her meeting him at the hospital, but blogger keeps giving me errors. SO i guess I can't post it. Sorry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
LOVE the pictures. Gabe is going to be such great help. Even though Ainslee is only 4 weeks old, I cant wait until we have another one so that she can be as great as a big sister as Gabe is.
who ever said having a boy first was the way to go never had a girl first, second mothers, I'm telling you -- I bet it's so sweet to watch them together-enjoy it!!
Yippee! Ollie is adorable. Congrats on another addition to your family! I love the pictures of the kiddos together. So precious!
Gabe is so cute and Ollie looks a little happier with life as well. Glad she's willing to help. Adam is quite the dad to actually tackle bathing a newborn. I don't ever remember Michael doing that one.
I cannot believe how beautiful Gabe is and how wonderful she is at taking care of her little brother! I am so happy for you! your family is truly amazing and the most beautiful that i have seen! I miss you guys so much and hope you are all doing well! Hope to get together soon! Tell Adam and Gabe hello and tell Ollie that I cant wait to meet him!
Miss you mandy girl!
Gabe looks like such a big girl in those pics! You have such beautiful kids! I bet she is such a great sis and big helper! I am impressed with how alert Ollie is! What a cutie!
I always said our family makes the cutest kids!!! The kids are loving all the pics of their cousins!
Post a Comment