Friday, September 3, 2010

Excited For Fall

Lately the weather here has cooled down. It's been in the eighties, instead of being so hot in the nineties. I have been loving it. Adam just cringes knowing that it'll soon be cold. We have two seasons here, summer and winter. There really isn't too much in between. I do get sad for summer to end, but this year I feel ready. It obviously wasn't our typical summer. Even though we tried to do a lot of family activities. I hibernated for a lot of it, it was long. Whenever September hits, I start getting excited. To me, it's the beginning of such fun times ahead. I know it's not technically fall until towards the end of the month, but I just might put some of my fall stuff up before I get really busy with two kids, and helping visitors. I am excited to have such fun changes with a new baby on the way, some fun holiday traditions, and a daughter who makes things more fun each year. I love how each year her understanding of things grows. I'm excited to do pumpkins, let her pick out her Halloween costume, make a big deal about Thanksgiving, do some holiday projects with her, decorate for Christmas, and explain as much as we can the concept of Santa. In between all of these, we get a little brother to enjoy and celebrate it all with. Doesn't that sound like such a nice way to bring up the end of the year? Some of you probably think I'm silly for thinking about all this right now. I can't help it this year, I'm ready! Good bye hot random summer, hello September excitement/changes. :P

2 comments:

Judy said...

I love the Fall. I really the Spring but with allergies it doesn't love me quite so much. Maybe this year I'll try to pull out some of my long tucked away decorations. Glad the cool weather is feeling good for you.

Judy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.