Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy September!

Well here it is, finally September has come around for us. It kinda feels like it snuck up, but at the same time I wondered if I'd ever make it. Ha! We did make it, and we're surviving. The month hasn't really started off how I wanted it to, but that's okay we're only one day in. Gabe and I both have colds. I told Adam today I think Gabe is on the up swing, and mine isn't terrible. (I changed my mind later in the day-I'll get to the story in a minute)

I had my second cervical exam appointment today with the doctor. Man I told Adam sometimes I don't think those things are worth it. I feel so crappy afterwards! Anyway the morning went fine and we even got there early. She checked everything out and said things were great as far as measurements and my body. His heart beat was great. She then told me my cervix was...man I can't remember the word she used. Something like fabulous. I said, "what does that mean?" She said that it's doing what it's supposed to, and really dilated. So then I'm expecting her to tell me that I'm way further along, because of her comment. She tells me I'm at a loose two. A loose two? Not quite a three, but it looks good. SO WHATEVER THAT MEANS.... is where we are at. I have to say at first my thought was, really that's it? I've had such a hard week. I wanted to cry almost knowing that I might have a few more trying weeks. My second thought, when reason kicked in, was, HEY count your blessings! You asked for this! I did ask and prayed for this. I need my body to wait about a week, for more than one logical reason. So once I kinda got over my selfishness, I was grateful. I'm having a hard week of cramping and even being unable to walk feeling like he is falling out of me. I've had a few real contractions, so nothing too crazy to move me far along. Just discomfort. So it was tricky news for me to deal with. Anyway things are good on that front, and I'm doing well. She did throw out induction options if I was that miserable, which I promptly refused. She said okay we'll see how you feel next week. I told her I would go to my due date before those options were discussed. I hope they never have to be.

Anyway so I decided I would stop at target on the way home to get a few travel sized things I've been meaning to get for my hospital bag. Plus I really have been stuck in the house for a few days, I didn't want to go home. As soon as Gabe wanted me to hold her walking in, I had my doubts and I should have just turned around there. I didn't, I carried her all the way in, sore and all. She did fine while I browsed, so I gave this book to look at. By the end of my browsing I wanted to be home laying down. We were at the time passing the toy section. I let her look at a few toys, and then told her we were done. Not what she wanted to hear. She started crying. Now remember when I said my normally well behaved child is sick, she is overly dramatic. That was an understatement today. She threw the mother of all fits. I told her if she stopped crying we could look for a few more minutes. She wouldn't even listen to me, she just got worse. I wasn't about to give into her even if she is sick. She was NAUGHTY! Now if I hadn't needed the things in my cart I would have left. BUT I wasn't dragging myself back to the store to get it. So I took her to a check out line kicking at screaming, "HOLD TOYS OVER THERE!" over and over.The funny thing is, I think it made everyone else uncomfortable but myself. I had one worker try to hand her a sticker to cheer her up. It didn't work. I paid for my stuff, pushed my cart, and carried my screaming child out of the store with everyone in the world watching. Waddling the whole way. I was embarrassed. It sucked. She didn't want in her car seat, she was a little crazy. We got home and it took me forever to calm her down. She sat by the garage door still screaming, and banging on it, that she wanted to go hold the toys. HA. I'm sure it might be one of those things I laugh about later, but today I won't be. Once I finally chilled her out, off to bed she went. She is still snoozing now going on two and a half hours. Yeah she doesn't reason well when sick. Just an example of what I didn't want to leave someone with. So I guess that leaves me to be grateful today things are the way they are. So Happy September to all of you. I hope yours started out as great as mine!

2 comments:

Danni said...

Those kind of tantrums are the worst! I know when people look at me when Sarah Grace is having one they are probably thinking, "That's why you don't have kids at 17." Every once in a while I get a mom that will say, "don't even stress, we've all been there." Doesn't help with the embarrassment of the moment though, but it is comforting! Sorry you're so uncomfortable, hopefully you can get through another week and then we'll give Ollie permission to make his grand entrance!

KBPatterson said...

I use to be so embarrassed when my kids would throw tantrums like that. They are awful. I feel for you. My little ones still throw them every once in a while but I've learned just not to care what people are thinking. There have been times where I'm still shopping for a good 40 min with a child screaming. I just put them in the cart and let them scream. Cause I am not wanting to come back to the store later. Ha. Luckily I think other mothers can relate. Good for you for not giving her her way though. I have found my kids are more patient if I do let them pick a toy just to hold while we are shopping. (Not when they throw tantrum though.)