Sunday, September 12, 2010

I Simply Remember My Favorite Things....

And Then I Don't Feel So Bad! ;)

Cheesy I know, but so true. This week Adam and I have taken it upon ourselves to try natural induction methods. We've tried a lot of different things without a lot of results. This included two hikes where we did some geocaching. Friday night we went to this one park where there are foothills to hike in. We went there and found some fun stuff. We didn't however, know that the park closed at seven. They were supposed to lock our car in, but luckily the park ranger was nice enough to just ask us to lock the gate when we left. (Doesn't that seem stupid to lock people in the park for the night?) We were really lucky. That would have been interesting had we gone into labor. HA. Saturday we did some more wandering, so I was a little sore come the evening, added with some serious nausea (a fun thing to add). Adam took it upon himself to hang out with Gabe so I could rest. I wasn't sure what they were going to go do. When he returned they had decided to go geocaching up to the "S" on the side of one of the hills here in Sparks. The cache was actually put there by our landlord, and Adam has been wanting to go to it. So he took his girl, and they had a ball. They returned with fun treasure, a fun story, one happy girl, and some very cute pictures. Gabe kept saying, "Daddy and Gabe play in Mountains! Found some treasure!" I can't help but smile when I see these two in action. They really are my favorite things ever, and just looking at them makes me happy and forget a lot of worries.











The view from the "S"

She picked a toy snake out of the cache, even though Adam tried to talk her into some other stuff

6 comments:

Weiss said...

Amazing that a little walk through the mountains is the happiest thing, she will always remember those times with her daddy!!! Adam you are an amazing dad, i am so greatful that you three(soon to be four) are a part of our family!!! Sorry just realizing how much I really miss you guys!!!

Lenard said...

So fun, abes dad has actually done that geocaching with his younger sister that is like 12. They seem to have a lot of fun when doing it. Especially what a great daddy daughter activity!

Judy said...

I loved snakes when I was a youngster too. Maybe she'll be an adventurous big sister for Ollie instead of torturing him with Barbies all the time!

Katrina said...

What a fun trip for them. I need to try this geocaching. Sounds fun.

So, are you going to try more natural induction methods?

Danni said...

What a fun Daddy/Daughter date. I'm glad you were able to get some rest too, we're anxiously awaiting the new arrival. I can't wait to have my first nephew! Yay!

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

Cute Pics!!What a fun daddy/daughter outting. She is such a DOLL! Hope you are feeling rested and ready to have this little one soon!! Excited for you guys!