Thursday, September 16, 2010

So here's the plan

This week has been full of interesting nights for us. Monday night I decided I would try some spicy food to try and induce labor naturally. We weren't sure what we'd try. Adam suggested Tabasco sauce, being one of the only things on hand. I wasn't too excited, but I was willing to try. We made some yummy dutch oven pizza, and I had one bite where I drizzled it with drops of tabasco. I shoved the one bite in my mouth, chased it with a drink, and ate another piece of pizza. The good news is, I didn't taste a thing. The bad news is, I did it one more time after that and felt it burn the whole way down. Well I figured I did what I could and let it do it's thing. I didn't notice any difference throughout the night, until one in the morning. It gave me the worst stomach cramps I've ever had in my life. HA. I seriously couldn't move. I didn't have to go to the bathroom, or have any other crazy reaction. I just got to suffer through the stomach cramps for about two hours. HA it was pretty miserable, and I will never be doing that one again. It makes me laugh now at how stupid it was. At the time I was very annoyed, especially since I think I had one contraction all night.

Tuesday was the hardest night as far as contractions, and Ollie causing me pain that I've had. I was in tears and Adam had to help try and comfort me most of the night. I worried that I wouldn't make it to Wednesday. I wanted to not have him Tuesday night, because Nana Fluke was flying in Wednesday evening to be on hand to help. Well even though I didn't sleep, he didn't come. We now have Nana on hand to help with Gabe, and it really is like a huge burden has been lifted off Adam and I. We are so happy she is willing to be here to help us.

Today I had my doctor's appointment. I honestly didn't know that I would make it to this appointment, and my doctor was a little surprised too. Besides telling me I was getting big, everything looked good. I am now dilated to a four. Still progressing people! With all the contractions I had this week, I would have been surprised not to. I was a little irritated that I had to talk induction with my doctor. She kept throwing that out at us, to the point where I was ready to smack her a little bit. I told her I wanted to go to my due date then worry about that. I drilled her with pitosin questions, and I don't feel any better about having to get that.

So here is the plan. I have an appointment on Wednesday if I don't have Ollie before then. She'll give me an ultrasound to make sure all my fluids are still good, and then she'll schedule me for induction for Thursday the 23rd. SOOOOOOO, any prayers or positive thinking our way to have this little guy of ours arrive before then, would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to have to deal with trying to have a natural birth with being hooked up to pitosin. It really freaks me out. Until then we'll continue with our natural methods, minus tabasco sauce. :) Either way we'll be holding our baby in a week! WAHOO!

5 comments:

Katrina said...

i know exactly how you feel about the induction/pitosin stuff. that was really a horrible thought to me. i think ollie knows it though, and he wont make you get to that point. i know ainslee did. we're praying for you mandy. he'll make it, he'll make it! now that nana is there im sure he's ready.

i cant believe youre chillin at a 4. oh i just cant imagine! hopefully the labor/delivery will go quick once it really kicks in!

Danni said...

Thank goodness for pitocin, my Mom & I would both be dead without it, I'm not saying anyone should use it, but I think people also need to look at the benefits of it. I can't tell you how many pets we've saved with it too! haha I'm not wanting to start a debate though on this post! Anyway, We're praying for you Mandy, I hope this little guy comes before thursday and that you are able to have the delivery that you want. I know you're probably exhausted at this point and I'm glad that Judy is there to help. I'm sure thats a huge comfort for yall! I can't wait to see pics of this handsome little fellow. We love you!

Grandma Krissy said...

I am so glad that you have help. It really sucks to be stuck with work that I can't just up and leave from. I have felt guilty that I haven't been able to help out more. Thank goodness for Adam's mother. Love you

Weiss said...

I know it sounds funny, but try to relax and tell Ollie that you are ready for him to come and that you are ready to meet him, in a really calm and soothing voice, do it as often as possible. Babies listen to their moms. Most important though is to let yourself relax!!!

The Hellyars said...

wow so much to take in. I didn't realize you weren't even to your due date. I thought you were a few days over or so from all of the worry about going into labor. Tell your doctor to relax! I can't believe how anxious your doctor was to schedule an induction especially when you have been progressing perfectly.