Saturday, September 4, 2010

RIBS RIBS RIBS!!!

It's that time of year again. Yep we are going to rub it in your face once again that we get to participate in our Sparks Annual "Best in the West" Rib cook off. It is simply delicious. We joined up with our Wagner friends to grab some yummy grub. We like to eat at the Chicago place every year, which is our favorite. We then try to sample a few new ones to see how they compare. We tried a new one called "Sweet Meat" upon a recommendation from someone. It actually wasn't very good. I think if you like a smokey taste to your ribs, you'd love it. We weren't the biggest fans. We also tried a new company called Johnson's BB-que. It almost beat out our Chicago ribs, so we were pleasantly surprised. We sampled some corn bread, baked beans, potato salad, and lemonade this year as well. So we all left sticky, smelling like BB-que, and with full tummies. It was great. Gabe's favorite was of course the corn bead. She thought it was "cake". We then had our friends over to our house for a bit for the kids to play. They had an awesome dance party. It was funny, I wish I would have filmed some of it. Once again you all have missed out on this fun event. It goes until Monday if any of you want to make a quick trip here for it. It'd be worth it, we can guarantee that.









7 comments:

Judy said...

You are cruel and I really think you'll have to take me to Dickey's for lunch while I am in town, or at least Adam can bring us home takeout - with 3 big pickles! Someday Dad and I will get there for the cookoff!!

Katrina said...

I am so jealous! They look delicious.
Gabe looks adorable. Her shoes are great. Do those come in my size? And mom and I are proud of her for wearing some shorts. yay Gabrielle!

Lenard said...

Wish we could have made it down. IT has been so hectic here though with puppies and house stuff we are trying to finish up with definitely would have liked the vacation. And of course to eat some yummy ribs, cause they look delicious!!

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

Yum yum! Ribs look good!! What a fun tradition to do that every year.

Grandma Krissy said...

Fun outing!!! We love ribs too!

Danni said...

I could go for some ribs right now, I'm starving and your pictures aren't helping! Gabe looks so stinking cute, she's getting so big!

ACTanner said...

Good thing we had some really great ribs for dinner on Sunday, or I wouldn't be able to handle the jealousy!! :)