Monday, September 13, 2010

Random Prego Thoughts #5

Look at that count down people! Craziness, Excitement, Happiness, Fear, Anxiety-...All wrapped into one. Less than a week if he comes on his own. A little over a week, an induction which I hope not to have, he will be here too. All so real all of a sudden.

THOUGHT#1- Aren't natural induction methods amusing in a way? There are a lot of them that you hear about. I think we've tried our share with both of our kids. People swear by them, and they work for some. Isn't it funny what we are willing to do? Walking, Spicy Food, Woohoo (edited for those of you not wanting to read about it), Feet Rubs, Warm Baths, etc. With Gabe I heard of one that you walk along a curb with one leg on the curb and one on the street. You walk along the curb all lopsided. I tried it, I was willing to, it didn't work. Ha. It makes me laugh. Adam came home and teased me about cleaning out the fridge, cause someone told him it would make me go into labor. It honestly probably would, cause it hasn't been touched in a while. I hear serious vomiting can indeed cause labor. ;) Maybe I should try it. Now that you are all grossed out by my lack of cleaning. If any of you wanna feel free to share others, we'd probably be willing to try those ones too.

THOUGHT#2- Braxton Hicks are my best friend. They are like flies I decided. Have you ever had a fly that just won't stop landing on you? They really never go away. BH's are my obnoxious insect. This whole week I've had contractions on and off a bunch. Mainly in the night for some reason. Well my BH's don't want to feel left out, so they usually join the fun after a real contraction. I asked my doctor if that was normal to have both of them going on. Yeah it is. They happen every time I get up to use the bathroom in the night, which is often. It's hard to pee with a tight stomach, take my word for it. Ha. If I do anything physical, walking, cooking, even vacuuming, they join in the fun. They are that fly. It's to the point where it is kinda amusing to me. Or it could just be that I'm not dealing with them now, so I don't mind them.

ThOUGHT#3- My son likes to party. Ha. It's like sleeping next to Gabe. For those of you who aren't aware you don't sleep when you are next to Gabe (unless you are Adam), cause she doesn't stop moving. She flops, turns, twitches, kicks, throws limbs around, and never holds still. Ha. Ollie is just like her. It amazes me what he does being so big, with so little room. It's as soon as we lay down. My doctor was asking me about fetal movements and was telling me that you see a decrease right now, cause they are so big and have no room. That's why it's important to keep track. I told her he doesn't stop. She just laughed and said," Well that may be obnoxious and uncomfortable for you with him being so big, but I like to hear that." I have seen an increase. I really have, I have a chart they gave me to track it. It really amazes me that it feels like he is doing flips in there.

THOUGHT#4- Aren't people nice when you are pregnant? (When they aren't saying stupid things that is) We've had people in our ward offer to help with so many things. We had some friends who had us over Sunday and cooked for us knowing we probably aren't too up for making meals right now. It was great. I also a play date today to help pass my waiting time. We've had offers to help with Gabe, and people willing to give us stuff. I'm so grateful people are willing to help us out.

THOUGHT #5- With how different, and more challenging this pregnancy has been for me, Adam and I both thought for sure that this child would make an early appearance. He still could, he's not due yet. So from the end of August we've been anxious. You all know that, you've heard and read about it. Well I finally feel like I'm okay with whenever he decides to come. NOW, don't get me wrong, I would LOVE an early arrival. Especially when my days are rough, and they have been too many of those. For some reason I've finally settled on the fact that this kid will come when he's ready. (As you are all saying-duh!) He has been my test of patience since trying to conceive him. I still haven't learned my lesson have I? I'm trying. I'm trying. So to try and help that along, here's to another week+ of pregnancy. The last few days I get to have that special bond with this child inside of me. The last few times I get to have Adam rub my tummy, or Gabe spontaneously kiss it or talk to him about all she wants to do when he arrives. I love these moments, and am glad I get to experience them a little longer.

4 comments:

Weiss said...

You are so cute Mandy!!! I tried lots of things, trying vacuming your house for 3 house strait, that;s what made Kali come, I wasn't trying I am just that o.c.d. but it worked just the same.

He probably won't stop teaching you patients once he is born either, I have a feeling those lessons last a lifetime.

Love you, wish we could be there!!!!

Judy said...

Nana is coming to clean out that fridge so don't touch a thing!! Now if the vacuuming suggestion works you can go ahead and do all of that you want. See you tomorrow night!!

Katrina said...

I curb walked! It didnt do anything for me either. I took our stairs up to our apt two at a time, every time. Yeah, didnt work. I read online that playing wii tennis worked for one lady. I played tennis, boxing, volleyball, mario kart... all kinds of games, and all I got was a pinched nerve.

Good luck! I think once Nana gets there, you'll finally REALLY relax, and he'll know its time.

ACTanner said...

I am with you on thought #3 -- both of my kids were all over the place at the end...and then with Rebekah every night when I would sit down after Ethan went to bed she started going crazy....my sister-in-law stayed with us a couple of days before she was born and would just sit there in amazement watching my stomach move...the only bad thing was it kept going after she was born :) I am so excited for you!! I can't wait to meet little Ollie!!! Let us know when he comes!!!