Sunday, August 28, 2011

Adam's Training - SUNDAY-DAY ONE

So it's here, and Adam left today. He is away training in Tempi Arizona. The dreaded week.... :0(
It started out a little crazy. We left straight from church to the small little airport they have here. Well google directed us to the OLD little airport they have here. Apparently, it's never used anymore. We had no idea where the NEW one was. So we attempted to look for it, and follow the directions to the new one. We had an hour so we weren't too nervous, until we drove and drove and drove. We couldn't find it! It was a fun car ride. Me yelling at Adam to stop driving like a mad man, Adam yelling at me that he needed to get there, Gabe yelling to talk nice, and Ollie crying. Oh the joys of trying to make the flight. It's funny to me now, at the time it wasn't. We were worried he would have to drive up to Salt Lake to catch his connecting flight. He had to fly to SLC, then down to Phoenix. His had a huge five hour lay over in SLC. A big pain, but the only flight option. SOOOO we really thought he would have to drive there.

We found it, but it was the back side of it and no way to drive around to the front. Adam called another FA buddy he has met, and luckily he answered his phone and told us how to get to the front of it. We had to go a looong round about way. It was in the middle of nowhere. We were ready to rip our hair out. Well it was 12:53 when he ran from the car, went through security and boarded the plane and left at 1:05. Phew we made it, and we really didn't think we would.

So now he's gone and I am on the single mom adventure until Friday. We miss him already. Gabe has already asked when he's coming home. :) So I told him throughout the week I'd blog our comings and goings at home so he could see what's up at home. Miss you Ad! Good luck with your first day tomorrow. Love you!

5 comments:

KBPatterson said...

What a nightmare!!! I'm sorry but I was lol. It sounds like one of our many fun frustrated rushed car adventures. But having to make it to the airport is even more intense. Aaaaah! Lucky it was a small airport and not like the big ones that you have to be a min of an hour and a half early to. You could always drive up here and hang if you get too lonely. :)

Grandma Krissy said...

I love it...Gabe telling you to talk nice...LOL!!! I could feel you tention in what you wrote. Sorry, but I was laughing at the picture of it all.

Judy said...

I agree with your mom - having your child telling you to talk nice is hilarious. But in the moment of stress it is tough to take!

Lenard said...

Hang in there, it'll go by faster than you know it. Just keep busy, which shouldn't be too hard with the kids. Sucks you guys had a hard time with the airport, I hate airports and I haven't even flown.

Katrina said...

Maybe Gabe needs a little paper chain so she can mark off the days until daddy get home. Sorry about the stress of the airport. Now you know where it is for the future!