Thursday, August 18, 2011

Life with Gabrielle

More fun with Gabe at our house....
*Ollie was trying to get Gabe's attention one day when she was playing. She was getting annoyed. I told her, "Sorry honey, he just thinks you're such a fun big sister."
Her Response, "Yes I know I is, but I am trying to color."

*One day she told me that I have naughty kids, but it's okay cause Adam and I are nice.

*Once day she ran into the kitchen in a panic, when I asked her what was wrong she told me her prince was blowing away. I don't know where she comes up with some of this stuff.

*I explained to her why choking is a serious thing, and that you can die from it. When she randomly plays with her baby now she's all worried it could choke and die. Even though I tell her the baby won't, she is very serious about it. I guess she understood the seriousness of it. It does leave me with reviving her baby often though.

*She always tells me, "Mom go get that camera of yours."

*She asks me when I change her clothes if I can get her dressed so she can be modest. Modesty-CHECK.

*When one of us does something for her she goes, "Thanks Dad, you're so proud of me."

*I was telling Ollie one day not to throw his fit, Gabe goes, "Mom I throw fits too huh?" Yep, yep she does.

*We were eating one night and we couldn't get Ollie to eat his food. Gabe goes, "Do the airplane game with him Dad." Adam made the spoon an airplane and Ollie ate all his dinner. One smart helpful girl she is. It's nice to be reminded about simple things some times when stressed.

*She never wants Adam to go to work. He explained that he had to earn money for things. She told him he didn't cause she is a princess and she has money and she'd go get her piggy bank.
When you live with Gabe, you don't really get a choice, you will be a princess too.

*When we make her try to go to the bathroom, and she can't go, she tells us her pee is too afraid to come out. Not sure where that came from.

*We just started the reading the New Testament with Gabe. She is convinced the angel Gabriel is her. We explained it's a boy, with a different sounding name, and she is a different person. We turn the page and, "Hey looks it's me," as she points to him. She is convinced it is her and she talked to Mary and Joseph.

*Her favorite color is pink right now and she wants everything in pink. The pink bowl, the pink cup. If you don't give her pink, she assumes you don't know it's her favorite color and goes on to explain that it is. We hear about it being her favorite about twenty times a day.

*One day when we were eating lunch she told me that if she eats healthy she'd go to Heaven with Jesus. Word of Wisdom...CHECK. :)

*One day she told me she wishes she was a big girl. When I asked her why, she told me so she could print things off the computer with the printer. Ha!

*One day I was singing a song, and she told me I couldn't sing that song, cause Pochantas is Daddy's song. I wasn't singing that, and I'm pretty sure Adam doesn't even know any songs from that movie.

*One day while driving she told me she likes our car cause it's fast, but it's not very pretty. When I asked her what a pretty car looks like she told me a pretty sparkly princess car. I don't know that she could get her Daddy on board for that one.

*She's kinda a feisty, whiney girl right now. She is so fun to play with and helps out a lot, but gives such attitude. It amazes me some days. How do they learn that? We made her a chore chart to have her help out and learn to work a little. If I ask her to help with anything else, she'll tell me she can't, cause it's not on her chart. Smart stinker.

*Sharing with a big little brother can be tricky, and we're trying to help her learn how right now. She doesn't love doing it at all. But then she'll do the nicest, cutest things for him....
Like get him a toy, or "read" him a book, tickle him, help him, or kiss him.

*Her favorite word is SILLY. Everything is silly, you are silly, and what you are talking about is silly. And if she doesn't like what you are saying or asking her to do, she says, "No silly."

*One day we were playing pirates and playing with our foam swords. She was the captain and I was a monster from the sea. I was losing, and I told her she had some fancy fighting skills and good foot work. She told me in her gruffest voice, "Yeah! That's cause I can dance like a ballerina!"

*She told me one day, "SHHH don't tell anyone mom."
"Tell anyone what?"
"Yep you got it," she said. :)

*She asks so many questions and wants to know and learn everything. Then when she's got it down, she lectures or tells you all about it. When she's done rambling she always ends with, "Right Dad?" or "Right Mom?"

She loves to color and draw right now. I got this idea of Pinterest to take pictures of her art work, instead of trying to keep it all, and then make a collage, or print off my favorites, etc.
*Gabe loves to give thumbs up, it's cute.

*We now play the "Winning game" when we eat every meal. Who ever finishes their food first wins. It's the only way we can get her to eat on her own.

4 comments:

Grandma Krissy said...

She is quite the cutie! What a charactor!

Katrina said...

very lovely drawing! she is such a hoot. makes me laugh reading all about her little antics.

Judy said...

She is a hoot, smart but a bit sassy. I hope she survives her brother.

KBPatterson said...

LOL. She cracks me up. SHe is so amazing and smart. I love all of her cute comments! She will love that you wrote them all down when she gets older too. What a fun girl!!!