We got us a very cheap charcoal barbecue. Adam is so stoked to try out charcoal, he's heard that it's better. I guess we'll find out. We tried it out last night and had some very yummy grilled chicken cordon blue sandwiches with some ranch potatoes. The kids hung outside with Daddy while the food cooked, and I got other stuff ready inside. We are excited to do anything that makes us feel like it's summer time, cause it's been a busy summer for us. We haven't done a lot of things we'd have liked to do. So here's to some good grilling! Bring it summer!
We had one casualty, Gabe not watching where she was walking, walked right into the hot metal of the BBQ. She got a good burn on her. This is the picture of it the next day, pretty yucky, but already looking tons better. She's a trooper, and it doesn't bother her much. Unless she wants something, then she plays the "but I am hurt" card. Smart girl. Nothing like a popped blister to ruin your day.


6 comments:
Ewwww....That is a ugly burn!!! Poor thing! Keep and eye on it. Yup...this summer is going by way too fast!
When ad tweeted the frog I swear it was a bird. BBQ chicken cordon blue. That sounds delicious. Did you come up with that on your own or have a recipe? You should blog about it.
Yeouch! That burn looks painful. We made those chicken cordon blue sandwiches too! From Recipe Shoebox? We used the honey mustard. They were yummy. I wish we had a grill.
OUCH! Poor girl! Burns are the worst. I'm impressed it doesn't bother her much. It sure looks like it would. Yay for grilling. We do it all year round cause we love it. Your sandwiches look yummy. I'll have to try that. It would be a yummy change.
I forgot to mention I love the boys pics. It's cute to see father and son hanging out. You can tell just by looking at the pics that Ollie loves his Daddy. I like the last cheesy one. :)
WOWOWOWOW - that burn looks awful! I would hate to have seen what it looked like the day before! Wish I had some silvadene for you. I guess she'll probably be super careful around it now. You hate to see things like that happen during a fun event.
Post a Comment