So it all went down at once. Adam testing this week, the rest of us getting colds....
On top of that stress Monday I got my visiting teaching assignments. My supervisor is an ornery older lady who wasn't interested in chatting with me. Ha. She gave me my two names and I was like, THAT'S IT? I'm used to having four or five names, so maybe I can handle two. :) Except I have no idea who any of them are, even my companion. She didn't either.
THEN last night after test results were in, a member of the bishopric came over. He asked us to speak this Sunday. I kinda think that's lame not even giving a week to prepare, but oh well. Our topics are two different conference talks. Juggling the kids and speaking should be interesting. We spoke a bunch in our other wards and I was always a little nervous, but okay with talking. I really don't want to do it for some reason. I don't feel comfortable. I don't know if it's because I'm trying to figure out when I can plan a talk, or if its cause I know juggling the kids is gonna suck. Either way it'll be tricky. ON TOP OF THAT, he also gave us callings. Its kinda like Heavenly Father said, okay this stressful time consuming test is out of the way, let's put you guys to work ASAP. We are going to now be joint teaching the CTR 5 class. The five turning six year olds. I was like, wait what? A calling together, they do that? ;) Pretty ideal if you ask me. Except we still have to juggle Ollie too. Atleast until he goes to nursery in March. Still that's a ways. Anyway, we are excited about it. What an awesome age. It's like middle junior primary. Not too young that you feel like you're wrestling them, but not the oldest class that wants to be in senior primary and doesn't want to participate. Hopefully it's the class that is helpful and wants to participate and are still really teachable. We hope anyway. Most of the other teachers in there are young people, so maybe we'll meet some new people our age? Anyway, it sounds like we're gonna be busy. Bring it. :)
5 comments:
Team teaching with your hubby - what could be better than that? You should have a blast. And speaking in church is great! Wish we could be there to hear you.
They team teach a lot in the last couple of wards we've been in. It's perfect. That's Ty's age group. Fun. At least it should be less stressful than you last callings. That is kind of mean they didn't give you more notice on speaking in church. And it is hard juggling kids during it...been there, done that. You'll do great.
Steve and I team taught in our Chubbuck ward. We LOVED it. Just plan on trading off on the lesson, and the other plays crowd control and handles Ollie. It'll be fine.
I almost kind of... KIND OF... wish I was in primary again. I miss working with kids.
Just let your personality shine through! You will do great. Congrats on your callings. I think that is great you with both work together.
Ok. I just looked and and read all your posts, So way to go Adam!!! Great job!!! and Looks like ALOT of fun with Heidi. Wish we could get down there, maybe soon. Also yeah me and erich have team taught(well I've taught Erich's wrangled kids in our class)We usually get the class that no one wants, because we can make them sit. Love you guys and miss you tonz!!!
Post a Comment