Nothing too exciting....Adam is just working hard studying for his next test. This one is more about laws and regulations. It's not quite as interesting to him, and more people fail it, even though it's smaller. He has been doing well on his exam questions, and tests, so we know he'll be great. He also goes to train in two weeks for the whole week. Should be interesting for us all.
We found out we're gonna share our primary class with another couple who only had one girl in their class. So they combined classes, and put us both in charge of it, rotating every other week. As a teacher, it's ideal, but for the kids sake I think it's kinda stupid. (for more than one reason that I won't get into) BUUUTTT I'm not in charge anymore and I'm trying to be supportive. :) It is nice being able to only teach twice a month, and then Adam teaches one of those, and I teach the other. So really we each teach once a month.
At home things are about the same. Ollie is going through another stage of wanting to be held all the time. I'm ready for him to walk, cause I think he'll be more independent. I love to hold my boy, but getting things done is hard.
Gabe is regressing in her potty training. I've heard of this and always wondered why this happened, so of course it happened to me. It started a small thing with her peeing in her panties a little every once in a while, not making it to the potty in time. Now she doesn't even try and make it to the potty, she just sits on the floor and tells me she peed. We actually started wondering if she had a bladder problem, cause it happens SOOO often. But we are sure she doesn't, cause she'll dance around, we'll ask if she needs to go, she'll tell us no, and then a few minutes later she'll pee her pants. So then I've attempted to watch her, and just make her go, and she'll pee her pants trying to take her pants off. So unless I catch it in time, and take her, she doesn't care to go. BAH!!! I've tried EVERYTHING. Bribing, lectures, charts, talks, taking stuff away, threats, yelling, loves, candy, cheering when she does, etc. NOTHING works! She just doesn't care to go. She's in this little rebellious stage. I'm all out of ideas. I've tried to make sure she is getting plenty of love and play time with me in the day so she isn't feeling ignored with Daddy gone so much, and me taking care of her brother. I wanna make sure that isn't it. Who knows.....Like potty training wasn't hard enough, now it's like after almost a year of doing just fine, she is over it. ????? I hate this milestone.
Well that's the latest and the greatest of our lives. Hope everyone's summer is well.
4 comments:
yup...just another hurdle but one that hopefully will end soon. Sorry I don't have any ideas for you. I hated the potty training days!
good luck! i know nothing about potty training. have you thought about maybe buying her some new panties? maybe make them her "special" ones? I dont know... just a thought.
I would bet it has to do with daddy being gone so much - if both kids cry when he leaves it probably has something to do with it. When he can be home more it will probably get back to normal. They say potty-ing is one of the few things they have complete control over and they can use it as a form of torture for their parents.
So frustrating!!! You are fantastic parents so I know she is getting lots of love and play time. Potty training is the worst. Especially when you feel like you have to do it twice. I'm sorry. I wish I had some great ideas for you.
Post a Comment