Ah! Another month down, and Toddlerhood around the corner for our little man. This month has been so fun with him! At eleven months he's all over the place just like always. If not more, now that he's attempting walking. I can't claim that he is officially walking, cause he is just starting to get daring with walking to things. He walks back and forth to us, but he is just starting to realize he doesn't need someone on the other end to catch. He nows walks to furniture, or walls, etc. Pretty fun. He has awesome balance and can stand there for a while before he will walk or fall.
He loves to pretend to talk on the phone. He holds everything up to his ear thinking it's a phone. He loves Adam's headphones too, cause he knows he can hear music on them.


He LOVES to ride on Gabe's bike. They fight over it now. Good thing he can't climb on it by himself yet, cause we'd never be able to get him off it. He also loves Adam's skateboard and the bike trailer.
He also LOVES his sunglasses. He loves to put them on, wear them for a minute, then hand them back to you so you can put them back on his face. He's like that with his shoes too. He loves shoes, I think cause he knows when he wears them we go somewhere. If he sees his shoes, he wants you to put them on him. If you do put them on him he goes to the door and bangs on it to go out.
He is so giggly lately. We all love it. Adam is awesome at getting him laughing. He has the cutest little laugh. He LOVES his Daddy right now. When Ad is around, he's the only one Ollie wants. He'll scream and throw fits until he gets him too. He cries when Adam leaves for work each morning.

He is starting to play like a little boy. I know that sounds funny, but it's my new favorite thing about him. He could push a car around on the floor forever, or stack blocks. Its just so fun to see him play with little boy things and love it. Especially since his sister has a big influence on what he plays with. It's nice that he chooses cars over barbies. :) He loves blocks and balls too. I think cause he can throw them and knock them down. Ha!
He loves his toothbrush, and being able to brush his teeth with us. He is really good about letting us brush his teeth. He thinks it's funny. He still only has the four teeth. When he gets ahold of a comb he tries to comb his hair. He tries to turn on the TV with the remote, or touch the screen of our phones like we do. It amazes me what he can observe once, and then copies.

He loves to cuddle. He lays his head on your shoulder and it's so sweet. He always wants to be held again, which is proving to be tricky. We do love it when he volunteers to cuddle us though. Church is kinda crazy trying to juggle this boy. He doesn't want to sit still or go to sleep while there. Tricky tricky.

Loves climbing and his slide. I fear for him to be big enough to climb. He loves to shut doors. I'm not sure why. He's already figured out you have to turn the handle to open it, and tries that. He locked Adam out this morning, cause he twisted the lock on the front door. (Adam had keys) I now know when I hurry and let Greta out, I need to take him with me or do it while he's in his high chair. I would hate to be locked out with my kids inside. I'm glad we figured that one out the way we did.

These two battle like crazy over everything, but love to cuddle and laugh together as well. He still wants to be by her and do what she does.
I know that crusty food pictures aren't always considered cute by others, but I love this one. He still eats just about everything you put in front of him. He has started to figure out that not everything you put there is good. He'll shovel it in, then spit it out just as fast. I hope he doesn't get too picky, we already have one of those. I think he could out eat us all too. He loves cheesy noodles, fruit- especially bananas, and anything you can give him on a spoon. He wants to use a spoon by himself so bad. I have started to let him try, planning on a huge mess. He also loves to sample my food while I cook. He knows if he whines by my feet long enough, I'll give in and let him eat some.
He also is officially weaned. :) My body just wasn't pumping enough milk, so I started combining whole milk. It was a lot sooner than I planned, but I had no idea what else to do. As much as I hated pumping, I love how it all worked out. He loves milk and I don't have to battle him to take a zippy or whole milk. So nice. He still loves his sippy of milk at night and first thing in the morning.
He still has been a crazy sleeper. This month he has woken up for a few hours in the night and just hangs out. I tell ya, I don't know if I'll even figure him out. I was moving him to one nap, but now he's awesome at two. Yeah it's always a guessing game with this one.
He is starting to get his fake cry and fit throwing down. It amazes us. He's really good at flapping his arms and kicking his legs when he's mad. Some days I think he'll take flight he does it so fast. :) He also loves to hit when Gabe doesn't give him something. Little turkey.
I had to start closing doors to some rooms, cause he's so persistent about plugs, or cords, or toilet paper. He's obsessed with the dog food, and has sampled it a few times. Bleh! I can't get him to leave them alone!!! I have to shower when he's asleep or lock him out, cause he tries to get in to play in the water or opens the curtain cause he thinks it's fun. He loves to follow our vacuum around and gets excited when I vacuum.
Now when finding things on the floor he hands them to you instead of eating them. It's nice. It's also his favorite game, handing things to everyone. Gabe knows when she wants him to let go of something she just has to hold out her hand to him and he'll hand it to her.

He doesn't talk a whole lot. Really just Mamma and Dadda. He says Oh, from Uh-oh every once in a while. He doesn't care to talk like his sister did. So far the whole girls are social faster, and boys are mobile faster has been proving true with my kids. That's okay though, he still rambles in his own language, and I know he understands a lot. I can tell him to lay down, sit on his bum, bath, milk, hungry, eat, gabe, daddy, mommy, greta, no, etc... and he gets what those mean.
And can I just say it is crazy to me that I already have to start thinking about a birthday for him. He shouldn't be almost one! Wish I could stop time every once in a while to enjoy his cute phases longer. Oh well I guess I'll just try to document/blog as much as I can and try to keep up with him.
Love your cute face Oll! Happy 11 months buddy!








4 comments:
LOVE hearing all about Ollie. So cute he's a Daddy's boy and giggly! He is so close to walking! How fun!!! Watch that tongue hanging out though...can be dangerous when they fall and bite it. (Been there, done that :)). His facial expressions are so cute they make me laugh. I can't believe he is almost one. CRAZY!
Love it all. I always just smile and nod my head, because A does so much of those same things! Crazy and delightful little guy.
He is growing so fast! Every kid has their own personality that's for sure! Such a handsome boy!
What a funny kid! I can't believe it's been almost a year. He and Levi are going to be great friends. Ollie is going to be so much fun to play with!!
Post a Comment