Tuesday, August 30, 2011

TUESDAY - DAY THREE

Well this day started out earlier than I would have liked. Ollie was up at six, instead of closer to seven. He got his leg stuck in the bars AGAIN. Poor chubby legs. Once he gets them in, he can't it back out. What can ya do? It was a little tricky for me since I was up until two. Not by choice, I just couldn't sleep without you there and being alone. I HATE sleeping alone, it's the worse part when you're gone. :( I did stay up and read for a while, but definitely not until two. (even though for a GOOD book I'd do it) No good book, just no hubby.

Anyway, I offered to make Gabe a yummy breakfast, but she just wanted her cereal. Okay done and done. I then attempted some laundry, but with Ollie a little cranky, it was tricky.
Gabe attempting to "help fold" the laundry
She ended up moving it all to the floor to pretend it was a mountain she could climb.
Seriously who leaves dental floss in their pockets?....Yeah I know that one was me. I mean who doesn't love finding treasures when they fold laundry. Keeps it fun.


So when Ollie went back down, I did too. I was tired. It took me forever to get him down too. I was woken about 45 minutes later by Gabe SCREAMING her guts out. I ran into the front room and she was saying, "A BUG! A BUG!" A fly landed on her. Nap time over. I decided I'd work out. I only got about half an hour of the hour workout done due to Ollie waking up unusually early from a nap. Couldn't catch a break today. I guess half hours is better than nothing right? Especially when I get this little critter to work out next to:
Video of Gabe working out with me.
We played ponies today of course, and some cars with Ollie. I had Gabe watch Ollie while I speed showered. I heard, "No Buddy no buddy!" When I asked what was wrong, she told me he was trying to take her crown. :) Stinker.

For lunch we had some veggies and dip with our sandwiches. I had bought a bunch of cucumbers to eat in that dip, and you're gone. I'm trying to eat them all by myself now. I know, you're jealous. Gabe says they are gross, and Ollie can't eat them good. Oh well.
Gabe told me a story at lunch about us all running through the woods. Then you and her changed into monsters and tried to eat Ollie, me, and Greta. But she goes, "Mom I don't like monsters. Let's change back, right mom?" Once changed back we went to the zoo and danced with some barbies. Since you're missing out on lunch time story hour, I figured I'd share one of Gabe's from today. :)
When I was getting ready to run some errands, I look over at Ollie cause he's screaming, this is how I found him:
He actually climbed from the stool onto the toilet. I took him down and he climbed back onto the stool, all to try and get that dang candy. Determined little man. Not loving this new climbing fun he's discovered.
Gabe was the mom, I was the sister, and Ollie played himself. When I tried to tell Ollie something, she told me I couldn't, cause she was the mom and then repeated what I had told him.

loving your pillow.
The kids were stoked to be able to talk to you at lunch today. Really people we don't get to hear from him all day. He has no time to text or talk. When he is done for the day he has to accomplish a goal of mock surveys where he interviews people. These take a while. Then he has to study and has homework, before he goes to bed. Any text or short phone call we can get, we take. Hence, the reason for the daily posts. Gotta let him know all is well, cause we have no time to in the day.
Sorry he hung up on you like twelve times

We went grocery shopping today. I tried to convince Gabe that we wear headbands further up on our head, but she wasn't having it. She walked around like this. It usually was lower. :) Through the store I would pull it up, and she would pull it down. Too funny. My grocery shopping went about as well as it usually does by myself with both kids. Maybe cause Ollie was like this ALL DAY:
Ha. Everything that could go wrong, did. By the end of it we were all SOOO done. I bought me one of these:
cause I REALLY wanted one. :) Gabe whining and running around like crazy, Ollie screaming as the nice check stand lady is trying to chat with me. Really? It's nice and all, but just ring up the stuff so I can get out of here. Can you not hear the craziness? Bah!
Gabe let me know that it was your drink and that I shouldn't drink it. She's right but I let her know I wanted some too. She told me it was fine as long as I saved some for you. Sure babe, you can have the rest...four days later. :)

For dinner I gave Gabe her options, and she chose to help make pizza. She loaded it with cheese. You would have LOVED it. Ollie and I did. She was silly about eating it. I was surprised. I told her she could take five bites and she argued and argued. So finally I said, "Fine three." She agreed. She took one and it took forever for her to eat it. I then said, "Okay two more." She gets this crazy happy face and says, "Really mom? I only have two, not three? You're so nice mom." HA You betcha kiddo. ;)
I promise it was yummy despite the picture
OF COURSE after that tricky shopping trip I forgot dryer sheets and dishwasher soap. I kinda got get the laundry and dishes done. So after dinner it was back to a store. I figured if I went to target maybe the kids would be happy......
Or pout cause I wouldn't let them have toys. Ha. She actually was really good until the very end while checking out. I then put her in the cart for punishment and she gave me this. I couldn't stop laughing at her, which made her laugh eventually.

When we got home tonight Ollie decided that he would walk everywhere. By himself. He loved it, and it was fun to see. Maybe we'll have him officially walking by the time Daddy gets home? Either way it was quite the accomplishment for him.

Did I forget to mention I could never get Ollie down for his second nap. I love it when I spend a lot of the day trying. I just give up, he can't get any crankier right? Wrong, HE... WAS ...CRAZY! Poor guy, I don't know what his deal was. The nice thing was when bed time came around, he was SO ready. He has been fighting and fighting going to sleep for like a week. I used to be able to hold him and he'd snuggle me. Now he kicks and screams so I get to let him scream it out in his crib. Tonight however, I got this:
Mmm Hmm I'll take it. I love it when he just wants to cuddle. I finally layed him down after some good cuddle time and went out to play with Gabe. I found her like this:
Wow what an easy bedtime. I'm glad I had made her go potty and brush her teeth already. Since sleeping pictures are the best, and you have the two CUTEST kids in the WHOLE WORLD, I included these:


You're welcome. :)

Tomorrow I have a play date planned. Are you so proud of me or what? With Candice from our ward. We are going to the water splash park. If it turns out good, that means you get to attempt to be friends with her husband. Yep, you know the one. :) I also plan to walk somewhere with the dog. She needs it. We also need to plan a trip to the library to pick up some books, and I gotta clean our place from top to bottom. Sounds like fun eh?

You'd be proud I remembered tomorrow is garbage day. It's amazing the little things that I miss about you when you're gone. Like the fact that you never forget it's garbage day and you empty all my garbages for me and take it out. How silly, but how true. I love you for the little things babe.

Hope all is well on your side. We miss and love your face. I recorded a video of Gabe leaving you a message, but I can't get it to load. :( I guess that I might have to try again and make it shorter and put it on tomorrow's. Sorry love.

2 comments:

KBPatterson said...

I love how determined Ollie is. So nice he fell asleep cuddling! Gabe's headband made me smile. The video of her working out is stinking cute! Love it!

Grandma Krissy said...

Never a dull day for you. They are so cute! The days will go by fast.