Monday, August 15, 2011

A Movie in the Park

Throughout the summer here, they have movies in the park every other Friday. We decided that we'd take the kids to this one, cause they were showing Megamind, and Gabe LOVES that show! We weren't sure exactly when it started, so we got some dinner and hung out at the park for a while. We then heard them announce it wouldn't start until nine. That was a little later than we had hoped, but our kids did surprisingly well hanging out so long. They had booths set up, and raffles, and water balloon stuff. We brought lots of snacks, including popcorn which the kids love. They had this dancing session for all the kids. Gabe loved it, and danced her little bum off. It was cute. Adam took a video of it. I'll have to try and put it on here. Ollie was well past due by the time the movie started, and fell asleep. Gabe made it to almost the middle of the show and crashed. So it was just Adam and I watching it. It was kinda like a unplanned date. Ha. Our kids snored away and we enjoyed the outing. We were a little sad Gabe didn't watch the whole thing, but she was so tired. I don't know if we'll go to any of the others, cause the movies chosen are a little geared for older audiences, but I'm glad we got to experience it. A next summer must I think.
















4 comments:

Grandma Krissy said...

Such a fun place. You both look a little tired too! ha ha

Travis Laurel said...

That is awesome! Looks like you guys are having a blast!

Katrina said...

Fun fun! Love those cute kids.

KBPatterson said...

How fun is that! Sounds like you guys found yourselves a fun little community. That is perfect they played Megamind. One of the reasons we like the drive in is because our kids still fall asleep too and then it is more like a date night. Ha. How cute Gabe got to dance. And Ollie must have a little Aunt Kami in him cause I LOVE popcorn too. Who doesn't?