Tuesday, October 19, 2010

1 Month Already

What can we say Ollie boy? Here it goes. You're one month already. It's all a fast roller coaster ride from here. Seriously before we know it, it'll be a year from now and I'll be doing a yearly post. How sad and exciting all at the same time.

It feels like I should still be pregnant with him. It's crazy how fast he's grown. Growing is definitely what our boy is doing. He isn't really full of rolls, he's just a thick chubby boy. It's adorable. We love it. He's into 3 months clothes for the most part. He fit into newborn clothes for maybe a few days. We stressed we didn't buy a lot of 0-3 month clothes, and I'm glad we didn't. He hardly fits in them anymore. Clothes ranging from 3-6 months is what he is in. Most are a little big, but the others are too small so it's kinda our only option right now.

He is so easy going about most of the things his sister was so picky about. He doesn't mind baths, getting his diaper changed, having a poopy diaper, or even being too hot. He's even easy going about going to bed at night. We do babywise with our kids, and let them learn to scream it our for a few days so they learn to self sooth. Anyway, that has just clicked for him. I lay him down, he knows it's night time, and he goes to sleep. I've had one night so far since starting almost a week ago where he cried. We'll take it! The day is still hectic, but we're getting there. When this kid is tired, hungry, or wants some cuddles you will hear about it. I guess it just goes to show that he can be tricky with some things, but so easy with others. The tricky thing for me is, EVERYTHING is opposite from Gabe. I guess he's determined to be his own person, which I love. It's quickly teaching us to expect the unexpected with each of our kids. I told Adam I think he's gonna be our stubborn one. Gabe has her moments, but for the most part is easy going and can be talked into things. This Ollie of ours, likes things his way. If they go how he wants, he's good, if they don't, you will know. Vacuums, car rides, and our loud washer that put most kids to bed, just make him mad. He HATES pacifiers. Honestly I still try, cause they are SO convenient. He still wants nothing to do with it. I kinda am learning to love that fact, even though I hate that fact. HA! I am learning to see the pros in that situation.

He wants to be so mobile. His head is always up looking around. He has the strongest neck. If you lay down with him laying on your stomach he climbs up you. He leaps like a little frog. He loves to watch Gabe. She's his favorite entertainment. He is getting so good at tracking things with his eyes, and his sister loves to help him practice. He loves to be held cuddling against you, with his tummy on your chest. He doesn't like me to hold him any other way. He lets Adam, but won't let me for some reason. He really just loves to be cuddled, it's so fun. He doesn't mind being put down and hanging out if he's fed and not tired. It helps me to get things done. I think he has kinda learned to be that way. As long as he's in the same room with Gabe and I, he's pretty content. He's starting to get a pretty good grip, and it famous for pinching.

He is smiling at us more and more recently. He has the cutest grin, with the cutest dimples. Gabe has a mission each day to try and get him to smile at her, or she tries to tickle him. She has to know where he's at, and upon seeing him says, "How's my boy? How's my Ollie boy?Hey Buddy!" We all can't get enough of him, and we all try to cuddle him as much as we can. Gabe still asks to hold him a bunch in the day and gives him kisses whenever she passes him and he's in reach. He is definitely loved in this house and we are so excited to have in in our family. We love how all boy he is. Happy one month already buddy!




I love the funny faces new babies pull




He always has his head up to look around

His favorite way to be held, cuddling against you and looking over your shoulder




6 comments:

Katrina said...

He is a cute one. I never realized how fun babies are, but they truly are! Glad to hear things are going so well. I still dont have the heart to cry it out. Its a good thing A falls asleep so well on her own anyway.

KBPatterson said...

I love his cute little happy face in the first pic. And he looks so much like Adam to me in some of the pics. I also love the one of Gabe going in for a kiss. Too cute! He is so stinking cute! You guys make good babies! I love that he has his own independent personality! Way to go with him sleeping good already! Dysen never took a binki either. I love that he cuddles facing you. Most of mine liked facing out so I think that's adorable. And I'm glad my babies aren't the only ones who hated riding in the car. ha. He is absolutely beautiful. The kids keep asking to go to your house to see him.

Judy said...

Handsome boy. I makes me laugh that so many of his faces look so worried in the eyebrows. I think Gabe used to do that too. It's nice they like each other so well.

The Letterman's said...

yeah for babies! Binkies no biggie, none of my girls would ever take a binkie-you'll learn to enjoy it!

Danni said...

Time really does go by too fast, but it seems like you're doing a pretty good job of documenting it all! I love all of the pictures and his sweet little face. It's sad that he'll be 8 months old before I meet him!

Lenard said...

Wow time really has flown hasn't it!! Gabe is such an awesome big sister and so cute how much she loves him. Cierra has already told me she doesn't want anymore sisters due to Laiya! SO glad she has so much love for her little brother. He is such a cutie and totally agree with kam he looks a lot like adam in some of those pictures. My girls never did the binky thing and kinda glad cause then I didn't have to do the whole weaning off of it thing ya know big relief!! Sounds like things are going really good for you and can't wait until we can meet this handsome boy. You guys have such a Cute Little Family!! How fun!!