Our little Ollie really is already growing like a weed. We wake up everyday to new developments, and to having him look older. It's crazy. He definitely has been more challenging in some ways, and easier in others. It's crazy at how different kids can be. He came out with his schedule switched, which has been one of my biggest challenges. No wonder I never slept at night being pregnant. We have almost got it worked out though. He has NO desire to take a pacifier. He acts like you've poisoned him when you try, he spits it out discussed and mad. Poor Gabe tries so hard to get him to take it so she can feel helpful. She can't comprehend how he wouldn't like it. He still doesn't cry, just does a high pitched scream when he wants something. Usually when he wants to eat. When eating he takes his time and looks around, Gabe just got it done. He is a pretty easy going happy boy when his belly is full. He does like to be cuddled, but is a lot easier going about being set down than his sister ever was. I think as a second child you kinda have to learn to be. Gabe you couldn't even set down when she slept without her freaking out. Ollie doesn't mind and at this point sleeps through pretty much everything. We hope that stays that way. Nothing chills him out faster than hearing his sister's voice. It's really true. He hears her voice and tries to find her in the room. When he's upset and I'm in the middle of something, I give Gabe the task of talking to her brother. She does a good job at telling him all about her toys, and telling him he's okay. We love our little guy, and love all of the fun differences he is already presenting us with.
Just wanted to say thanks to all who helped us during pregnancy and afterwards. We feel so blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives. Especially those who had to deal with any of my hormones. I know it's not easy or fun. Thanks to Adam and Gabe for their patience with me, and their love. We are so grateful to have Ollie here in our family, and to be surrounded by such great people.
I am now officially on my own with these two little ones during the day. As anxious as it still makes me feel, I also feel ready. I'm ready to "step up" my mom roll and raise these kids of mine. (Adam and I are still adjusting to saying kidS) Wish us luck, here we go!


Gabe really is tiny, but doesn't seem that way next to her brother

Already watching football with Daddy

After his bath, we gave him his first mohawk hair style. It looked adorable, even though you can't see it well in the pics.
5 comments:
I love the pic of Ollie asleep in Adam's arms. precious! I love that Gabe is such an amazing sister already. I knew she would be! She's such a cutie! I bet Adam is loving another football buddy!
P.S. You'll be a pro at 2 kids in no time. :)
too cute. i love that he loves his sister's voice. i think that is so cute. it shows that she did a good job talking to ollie in the tummy, and that hopefully they'll be good friends.
I love the last picture of Adam & Ollie! Its so stinking cute! I love the little chubby cheeks on your little man!!
Wow he has got to be the cutest baby boy ever. I can't wait to see him in person! Miss you guys, hope the new mom of two phase won't be too hard on you. :) Congratulations!
Post a Comment