Giggling * Camping * Diapers * Taking Pictures* ABC's * Blogging * Running* Movies* Reading * Mountain Biking * Playing Cars * Swinging * Cooking * Coloring * Hiking * Ponies * Cleaning * Meetings * Counting * Dancing * Singing *Geocaching * Golfing * Kite Flying *
Sunday, October 24, 2010
New Zealand Meat Pie
I was making a meal plan and trying to find some things I haven't cooked or fed my family before. We haven't had pot pies. We ended up talking about Meat Pies that Adam ate on his mission in New Zealand. I decided that instead of a pot pie, I'd make an effort to make him this kind for reminiscing purposes. Obviously it isn't going to be the real deal, especially if I'm cooking it. I had good intentions. Well I found a recipe for one online from an Australian cooking magazine. I didn't look at the recipe too much before the night I started, only to see ingredients. Yeah it took WAAAYYY too long for me to cook at this stage in our lives. I need some quick yummy meals, and it wasn't quick. Because it took forever, I rushed them, and they didn't turn out as well as they should have. They turned out okay, but not great. So if any of you are looking into making New Zealand Meat Pies, I have a recipe that will take you all day. :)


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey I think they look good. I like your crusts. You do better than me!
I am always impressed and jealous of your mad cooking skills! You are amazing. They look great but I have a time limit of 20-30 min tops for cooking dinners. How do people have time to cook like that when they have kids?
I have a pretty easy pot pie recipe. Super yummy too. I bet la has some better ones. She did go pie crazy lately. Tell her to come up with a shortened version for you. She'll love the challenge.
Post a Comment