is officially what the nurse calls our little guy at the pediatrician's office. When we went in for our two day appointment he went from his birth weight at 8 pounds 12 ounces, down to 8 pounds 5 ounces. Today I told her I wasn't sure how much food he was actually ingesting. He's such a "lazy" eater. He takes his time, and it seems like he hardly sucks. He still seems a little uncoordinated with it. I then had to pump the other night being very full and only got a little over an ounce of milk. It made me wonder if I was even providing enough for him.
WELL we took him to the scale, which is the routine. I watched as she kept pushing the tab over and over....landing on 9 pounds 12 ounces. She kept saying, "Wow...wow..wow." He gained more than a pound in less than two weeks. That is something they hardly see. She looked at me, and said, "I don't ever want you questioning your milk supply again." The doctor came in, and went over all the two week stuff with us. He looked at his weight, told us it was awesome, and to call genius book of world records. He explained they love to see that, especially breastfeeding, but hardly ever see it. He also told Ollie to keep it up so he can go help out the 49ers this year, cause they need it. He also said his alertness is advanced for a new born. (I love his cheesy comments) Yep our guy is kinda a chunk at this point. Gabe was the same way though, and look at the sting bean she turned out to be. It should be interesting to see how things turn out. I'm just happy our "tank" is getting what he needs, it reassuring to me.
4 comments:
Way to go Mandy and way to go Ollie!
Yea for Ollie! Funny thing is, all of my babies gained weight like that right off the bat. U must have some cream for milk like me. ha. He is no chunk though. Just perfect. :)
after my nurse freaked me out at a's two week check, i can attest to how good it feels to hear your baby is doing so well. go ollie!
oh, sounds just like Bridger! I got so many "wow, you're such a dairy queen!" comments. Way to go Mandy!
Post a Comment