Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Gabe at the Dentist

I know that we already did pictures of her first "official" dentist visit, but this time they did the works. The first time they introduced her to stuff, this time they did it all. She got x-rays, her teeth scraped, a fluoride treatment, and they used the water and sucker tools on her. I guess last time they pretty much just brushed her teeth and looked them over. She had this deer in the headlights look the whole time, but she did awesome. She did everything they asked her to do, with a little encouragement from mom (and Ollie). I dental assistant wasn't the best with her, but our Dentist really is awesome. She talked about having to shine her fairy light, and use her princess mirror to look at her teeth. Lingo that's right up Gabe's alley. Too bad we don't get to keep that dentist. I am not looking forward finding new EVERYTHING! She recommended that we continue to help Gabe brush and floss until she's eight or nine. I know that sounds silly, but it's something we will continue to do. Especially since I just got another root canal. Yep fun. All the root canals I've gotten have been on teeth I've had cavities filled in the past. Didn't help much I guess. Stupid bad teeth. Anyway we're hoping our kids don't get mine. I have to get my tooth capped as well, but our dentist couldn't fit me in before the move. So I get to find a new dentist asap and try to get it fixed. Oh what fun. Luckily Gabe's teeth look awesome so far. Anyway, here are some pics from my phone, so not the best, but you get the point.

They put sun glasses on them so the light won't blind them. :)





5 comments:

Travis Laurel said...

Fairy light? That's awesome. Trav just had a root canal and tomorrow has the crown put on. Looks like it's teeth fixin season.

Judy said...

What a trooper she is! You're so smart to keep her going and save those teeth from the disasters we have had in the past.

KBPatterson said...

Great job Gabe! I need to get my kids in. I'm glad she had a fun dentist! We still help Ty but half the time I still want to help Shantay and Dysen brush their teeth. ha. They're just not as thorough with brushing as they prob should be. So I can see why your dentist recommends helping until 8 or 9

Katrina said...

This makes my teeth hurt. I have one that needs some serious attention.. but it costs money! Money we just dont have. Ugh.

Lenard said...

Oh she is so brave, what a great job she did. Your dentist does sound like a great one, it is hard to find another one, when your so used to the one you had. Great pics!