Thursday, June 9, 2011

Packing Packing Packing

Can I just tell you all that I am ready to burst? HA! I'm so OVER packing. Usually I don't mind it, but it's getting old. I guess that happens when you've been working on it for a month and you still feel like it's getting nowhere. We also have to store a lot, so sorting things to pack into take with, and store categories makes packing almost like putting a puzzle together to make things fit. On top of getting things packed, I get to entertain two kids, get my regular chores done (cooking, cleaning, laundry), and try to keep the house semi clean so my land lord can show it to other people to rent. How do you keep a house clean when you pack? Ollie by the way is officially crawling and that doesn't make it easier. (Hooray for Ollie!) You would think with his new found freedom he'd explore. Nope, just crawls after me wherever I go, cause he wants to be held. :) I don't think he quite realizes his possibilities yet. He also is sitting up and standing up in his crib. (Yes Katrina after our phone convo and me saying he wasn't, his next nap he learned how to stand up in his crib) I jinxed myself, and it took me an hour and half to get him down for his nap. AH! I don't love them learning that, it's not helping me. By the time I get him down I just want to sleep. You would think I should be sleeping now. Nope, when I get stressed sleep doesn't come easy. So what do I do instead? I blog and vent. Ha! And sstay up late to make myself tired all day, but I can't help it, story of my life.

I KNOW I'VE BEEN A BLOGGING FOOL LATELY. I can't help it, I do that when I need a break. Plus I don't want to get behind, cause I'm not sure how fast we'll have internet once we move. Also we are way busy in our lives and I'd like to record it. We are trying to do everything we can here while we have the little time that we do. So look for like 5 new posts every time you come to this here blog. :P

ALSO-we are afraid that our computer could possibly be on it's last leg. It started with our camera having issues when video chatting with family. The last month it's randomly has these distorted lines that show up across it. They come and go. Now it randomly crashes and has bigger blotches of distorted spots that come and go. (Not sure how else to describe them)We are going to clear everything off it and we are going to restore/reload/reboot/reset it. I dont speak computer terms well. However you wanna word it. Our friend knows how, so he's gonna help Adam. We are hoping that will help. However, if that's not it, it's not the most convenient time for us to loose a computer OR buy a new one. SOOO life is tricky. Remember a time before computers? Now it's almost like a cell phone. It's kinda my break I take in the day when the kids are sleeping or whatever. It's like loosing a form of entertainment. Could we live without one? Yes. Do I want to? Nope not at all. We have a hard drive full of movies to keep me and the kids entertained while Adam works and studies for crazy hours a day for his new job. Not gonna matter if we don't have a computer. Ha! Let's all cross our fingers it doesn't die on us. Even while blogging it crashed twice, and wouldn't recognize our wireless mouse. I had to plug in our old mouse,...that was weird to get used to.

Anyway here are some pictures of packing fun. I let the kids climb in boxes. I also pushed them around in it for a while. At least until Gabe complained Ollie was smooshing her. :)
Every nook and cranny of my house looks like this. Full of random stuff, some I have no idea what to do with...

Gabe had to squeeze on the couch between stuff
If there isn't a mess there are boxes everywhere
BUT THIS IS HOW I COPE.....
When Adam and I were first married, was the first time I tried Pitch Black Mtn Dew. (It's really not black, it's a dark purple) Anyone who knows me, knows I love grape soda. I don't know why, but I do. Well Mtn Dew used to sell Pitch Black for a while, and then got rid of it. I was heart broken. HA! So then they started bringing it out for a Halloween promo every year. I know this, cause every Halloween I looked forward to it. Then they stopped, I was heart broken and I haven't seen it for a few years. UNTIL NOW!!
What nice timing. It's like it knew I needed it. :0)
Adam has a Geocaching friend who knows his love for Mtn Dew. He was at a random grocery store and saw this and texted Adam asking if he had tried this new kind (Not knowing it wasn't new) Adam asked him where he found it and drove out of his way to buy me some. He bought all they had in the store. They had like four left. And he brought them home and surprised me.
I WAS STOKED!
I know, it's not a very good thing to be hooked on, but I love it and am right now. I know they will take it away from me and I'll once again be heart broken. For now though, it is my life saver and we found out more gas stations are carrying it right now for some reason. So if you haven't tried it, you should. Yep you all should. :) It reminds me of a Lime Ricki drink. Ever had one of those? In Lehi growing up, Artic Circle sold Lime Ricki drinks (or Taco Amigo in PG). Grape soda with Lime wedges in them. Yep delicious, and it tastes kinda like them. Now that you are all excited, go out and see if you can find one. If you can't I feel bad you'll miss the opportunity to try one, cause I'm not good at sharing mine. Anyway, I'm off to bed.

8 comments:

Lenard said...

Don't think I ever tried this one! I am in love with the lime rickies from artic circle so I'm sure i'd love this. I remember when they first came out with it, haven't really seen it around here much. But I don't really get out much so it could be here!

Travis Laurel said...

I don't do anything all day long, as you well know, so I LOVE getting on and reading posts from you. They are great! So much fun filling my day with Mandy rambles. Travis asks, "what did you do today?" "Oh just read about how much Mandy loves Black Mnt Dew" Productive huh? I think so!

KBPatterson said...

I wish I were as good as you at posting! I think it's awesome that you post a lot. It's like journaling and I need to be better. I haven't had a lime ricki in forever!!! I'm going to have to either try your dew or go to Artic Circle because now I'm craving one. :) I don't envy your packing. I hate it! At least you are making progress. course it doesn't help when little ones are begging to be held. You're awesome.

Danni said...

Eric loves the Lime distortion, but it didn't when the competition last fall, so its gone. He's quite upset about it! A little caffeine can be great sometimes! I won't even begin to tell you how much Diet Dr. Pepper I've had in the past week! I wish I was there to help you pack!

Grandma Krissy said...

Wow....definitly going to have to ask about that one where I work. Alan and I always have a lime ricky when we are in Elko and stop at Arctic Circle. We both love them. Packing does suck! Wish I were closer to help you....love you!

Katrina said...

I can surely sympathize. Get all the black mtn. dew you can. We sure loaded up on our favorite sodas during our move too.
Just remember, after a some months of small apartment, and stuff in storage, you'll get to get a better place, and then you will have to unload all those boxes!

Katrina said...

P.S. I'm not going to encourage A to stand, sit or do anything but sleep in her bed. :)

AmyJane said...

Wow! I somehow missed all the moving news! That's exciting stuff....it gives me flashbacks though, cause while I embrace the life progress in moving, I HATE the actual process. Good luck, hang in there!~