Sunday, June 19, 2011

Goodbye Lake Tahoe

Good bye Beautiful Views, Crystal Clear Water, and Green Pine Trees. Man, we are going to miss Lake Tahoe. It's SUCH a beautiful area with so much to do. We showed it off a lot to people, but we never got to take family here much to actually DO THINGS. (No visitors in the summer very often) There was once a time we drove up here almost every Saturday of a summer to swim and hang out. Greta learned how to swim here as a puppy and loves water because of this lake. Ah the memories. We have explored many hiking trails, mountain bike trails, shops, and beaches in this area. Adam even did some snow boarding at the resorts, and we did some geocaching while there. We feel kinda bummed, cause last summer I was miserably pregnant and we didn't go there once. So we are sad we only got there once before we left. Better than nothing right? I had planned to try to take some nice pictures of the kids while there, but I was more concerned about having fun.

This is one of the famous view points along the Mount Rose Highway we always stopped at to look at the lake. It points in a million different directions letting you know where everything is.

We stopped for a virtual geocache find at the old Ponderosa Ranch Site. (It's been closed since 2004) We decided we'd take some pictures on some of the old wagons and machines they have there still. It's private property, but we wandered anyways. (Not at the actual park, just on the machines in the lower parking lot) Is that huge old wagon not so cool?




We then headed to "our beach". We don't know the actual name of it, but we have gone there since having Greta. And we definitely aren't the only ones that know about it, even though we like to call it ours. (Not every beach allows dogs, so we found our own) The water was SO HIGH, so there was limited beach space, but we made it work. It's more of a small rock beach than sand, but still way fun to play. We brought the kids their suits, not knowing if we'd swim or not, but we ended up giving in when Gabe asked to swim in the sparkly river. She couldn't grasp the "lake" concept, so she kept calling it a river. She loved how the sun shined on it and made it sparkly.
A few pictures before the suits


Ollie didn't love it. I held him most the time and then he was content.


This is what we got a lot from Gabe. She has this new fear of bugs that we don't love. It was a lot of fun, since we were in the mountains and there were critters everywhere. It was either that or her shoes getting dirty. Silly girl.

He loved help climbing the rocks. We thought he'd be all about splashing in the water, but he didn't like to crawl to try to get it.



Ollie is very into waving right now, this is his wave. I know, he's adorable.



This sign is the other virtual geocache we stopped for. There was another that Adam had to get out of water.
We heart you Lake Tahoe! We hope to come back and visit often.

8 comments:

Katrina said...

I'm going to miss being able to go to Tahoe, too. It is such a beautiful place, and I know you guys loved it there. At least you can always go visit.

Shelby said...

Love these photos! I don't miss Utah much but I sure do miss California. If we ever move back there we'd live in Saint George :)

Travis Laurel said...

Now you will always have an annual family vacation spot. Sort of like us and bear lake. You don't even have to plan you just think so which week will we go visit this year?

Lenard said...

OH that is sad!! Tahoe is amazing, even though we really only were able to go out there that one time, it still was a blast. That is cool you got time to go as a fam one last time for pictures and play. Thats great!

Grandma Krissy said...

Love Ollies wave! And Gabe's hat! Just think of all the new adventures you get to experience! I love Lake Tahoe too.....

Danni said...

So gorgeous! I wish we could have made it out there!

The Hellyars said...

You guys got some really cute pictures!! I'm glad you guys got to go one last time before you leave. I love how silly and goofy you guys are in pictures sometimes. Always making memories and having fun!

KBPatterson said...

Nothing beats the beauty of Tahoe!!! I'm so glad you got to make it back out before you had to take off. Gabe's hat is so stinkin adorable!!! I love all your pics. Ollie is looking like such a big little guy. I love his wave too. I have to agree that the old machinery and wagons are super cool! Fun times!