I keep telling people Ollie is six months, and keep forgetting he really is closer to seven. He can't be seven already! Craziness. He seems like he is exiting that baby phase, and starting to seem little boyish. Even in how he looks. He has always looked like Adam to me, but he has so many faces he pulls now that look just like his Daddy. He has the cutest personality shining through and is always SOOO happy. Here are the newest traits:
-He talks as always, but has had some funny sounds this month. A-DA is the most said, then HI-YA, and something along the lines of HUT. It sounds like he's asking WHAT, so that's what we all say back to him.
-He has started to hold out his arms to be held. I love it.
-He ALWAYS wants to be held, even if I'm sitting by him. He'll try and crawl up me, to get me to hold him. He wants to move and be mobile, but wants to be held at the same time. So he just ends up turning circles in our arms, or dives for things, and then comes back.
-He goes from sitting onto his hands and knees often. Usually trying to get something. He then goes to his tummy and hates that, so he rolls over. It'll be a bit longer before a crawling happens. He hates his tummy too much.
-He still doesn't fit right in anything. Some brands of twelve month clothes are getting snug on him.
-He makes you really work for a giggle. He'll breath in and squeal at you, but if you want him to giggle it better be funny. Then he will laugh himself at the most random things. It's cute. He always laughs at me after I get done feeding him. Today he kept laughing at this toy, it's so funny to see what he finds amusing. He has this fake laugh I'm pretty sure he got imitating Gabe's fake laugh. In the car Gabe can get him doing his real laugh pretty good, it's so fun to hear, and we can't help laughing ourselves.
-He has dimples on both cheeks, but his chubby cheeks have hid them well. They are just now starting to show up again.
-He loves to shake his head back and forth. He also does this thing where he bends over and looks sideways at you.
-He still does his shy head tuck when new people talk to him.
-I haven't really fed him finger foods yet, I don't think he's really ready. We've done a few fruit, and some puffs, but that's about it. He still doesn't know if he likes puffs, but the fruit we have tried he has liked. I don't know why, but I feel like with him I need to go slow with finger foods. So opposite than Gabe, we gave her everything so fast, cause we wanted her to try it all. I just have this nagging feeling I need to take our time with him. Who knows, so we are. He's not too coordinated at it and freaks out a little when it's in his mouth. He still loves his rice cereal, and eats a better variety of baby food. Except his preferences with baby food constantly changes. He is so funny. He loves peas and green beans and most fruits, but doesn't love sweet potatoes or carrots anymore. He is getting the idea of a sippy, but would still rather bite and chew on it.
-I actually give him a binky when I put him to bed. He doesn't suck on it like it's supposed to be used, but he likes to gnaw on it. It's one of his favorite toys, that and Gabe's spoons. No teeth yet, he just likes to bite on things. Makes me not excited for teeth.
-He is sleeping through the night better than I have ever been able to get him to. Hurray! It was a long few nights getting him to do it, but he's doing well now. I'll take it any day over the two to three times he was waking up every night in the last month. I still feed him a 10 p.m. feeding, then he usually wakes up at 6:30-7. I would like to move his bed time to 8, so he'll wake up later, but I need to wait until he adjusts to this a little longer. Every once in a while he'll still wake up at four, but that's slowly stopping.
-He does not love having his diaper changed or his clothes changed right now. Probably because he is this super pee-er. He always has a diaper way full of pee. I feel like I'm always changing him. He always is leaking out of the sides when he takes naps too. I change his sheets so much. It's getting old. We bought him night time diapers that hold more for the night and he sometimes leaks through those. Ah! And it's not cause I'm not pointing his little thing down when I change him. (everyone tells me that's what I'm doing wrong) Is it a boy thing? I don't know, but it's not the funnest thing to change him and his sheets in the middle of the night. It does not make him happy.Good thing he's worth it.
-I have now moved him to a four hour eating time and a three hour wake time. It actually is the schedule that has worked out the best for us since he's been born. He takes two naps one and a half hour naps. I just could never get him to take that third nap.
-I know I say this every monthly post, but he's a heavy big boy. I have tendonitis issues in my left elbow and hand from doing massage therapy. (old injuries that still act up when they get over used) I carry Ollie on the left side all day cause I'm right handed. When I go to bed I have to lay with my arm and fingers straight to give them a rest and stop them from hurting. I used to have to do that after hard days at work. If he keeps growing like he is, I'm gonna have to ice them like I used to when I was working. :)
-The first thing people comment on when seeing him, is how beautiful is big blue eyes are. I agree, they are one of his cutest features.
We love you little man! Happy 7 months!
Not loving the puffs. He spits them out as soon as the become soft.
8 comments:
What a handsome little guy, he sounds like such a sweetheart and I can't wait to meet him! I think we're down to 2 1/2 weeks!
He is as sweet as he is good looking. Those eyes are going to make him a total chick magnet. Glad the sleep schedule is getting better. Is he liking his own room back?
I hope my little boy is as handsome as yours. The pictures are so fun to look at. I can't wait until I'm calling you every day with little boy questions. That diaper stuff sounds terrible. Hope I don't have to deal with that. You're a trooper!
I have heard leaking from other boys too! Or maybe its the age, because A leaks from almost every morning diaper, but doesnt leak until like 6:30 or 7. So maybe its a mixture of both?
He is such a cute boy. Its fun hearing that he is so much like Ains. Yay. I cant wait to see Ollie and Ainslee together! They will be SO much fun!
Wow, Ollie looks so grown up already in the pictures! He does look just like Adam, I see it in all of the pics. What a cutie. Glad to hear he is starting to sleep through the night, its a wonderful milestone when that happens!! Heard you were coming in two weeks, hopefully we will see you guys!!
He is so stinkin cute! I love all of his facial expressions. I can't wait to meet him. I love happy babies! I can't believe how old he looks too. Every time my babies would start to leak i would bump up a diaper size. They always look way to big on them but they are worth them not leaking. (Worth a try right? You can always save the bigger size for later if it doesn't).
He is getting so big, and looking so grown up already. its amazing the milestones they accomplish so fast. Cause he is only a couple months older than marcus and he seems likes he accomplished so much. Must be a smart little boy! There is a picture of him that looks like a weiss side look though, but adam shows a lot.
They grow so fast.....He is adorable and yes...what big eyes!
Post a Comment