Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hurray for Bike Rides

Yesterday we went on our first official bike ride as a family. We stopped along the way to have a picnic, much to Gabe's delight. I know a lot of you saw these pics in tweets, but I had to post our fun pics. It honestly was the most refreshingly fun activity we've done in a while. I think we've been inside too much lately. Thanks to the warm weather, we are so ready to get out and do more. It was a little on the windy side, but we weren't complaining.






No we didn't let him eat the cookie, but he did sample some crumbs (without choc) and wanted more and more. I can't get him to eat hardly any finger foods, looks like we just need chocolate chocolate chip cookeis on the menu. ;)


Gabe passed out on the way back, but we woke her up, cause we promised she could throw rocks in the river. It's one of her favorite things to do. We knew if we didn't let her do it, we'd never hear the end. She was in heaven. And that night when we said family prayers, it was Gabe's turn to say prayers. She said, "Thanks for the river to throw rocks in. I like to throw rocks." She really does LOVE it.

5 comments:

Judy said...

What a great family outing - free, good exercise, and the children had a ball! I am always glad to see you spending time together doing memory making activities. Wish I had a bike to get some variety in my exercise as well.

Judy said...

And who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies over veggies! a man after my own heart.

KBPatterson said...

Yea for warm weather!!! I am jealous it looks like fun! My kids love bike rides too. They are the best! I am surprised you got the cookie away from Ollie. is jacket makes his eyes pop in that pic...so cute. And Gabes hat is adorable. She looks like she is in heaven. She has such a cute little smile. Love that she thanked Heavenly Father for the river....once again, priceless. I like throwing rocks in rivers too.

Travis Laurel said...

Can't wait for our good weather to come. Travis laughed so hard when he read the prayer tweets. She is a hoot! I can't wait to dance, color, and sing with her next week. It'll be so much fun!

Katrina said...

A and I loved looking at all the pictures. We were a little behind. What a fun Easter you guys had! Ains missed out, I didnt get her anything for Easter, she just wore her purple dress. Next year.
Glad you had lots of nice warm weather to take a bike ride. Ours has been hit and miss. Wish it would warm up! Cant wait to see you all!