Friday, April 15, 2011

Gabe loves to see the temple....

She'll go inside someday, which is the hardest part for her to understand. She knows that you get married there, and you have to be good to go in. She doesn't understand why she can't go in now if she's being good. :) Tonight was her first official time seeing our temple here in Reno. We have talked and talked and had lessons on it. We were in the area tonight for a geocaching event, so we decided afterwards we'd swing by and show her. She was so excited, she wanted to go right in. Ha. I once again explained she couldn't. So she was happy just to be there and get pictures with it. They aren't the best pics. They were taken with a phone on a very windy hill. I think it's always windy there. Thus, the reason Ollie wasn't in any of the pictures. He hung out in the car with Daddy as we wandered and talked about it for a minute. I told her she gets to make promises with Heavenly Father. So she told me as we were walking to the car, "Mommy when I get big like you, I wanna get married in the temple like a princess and talk to Heavenly Father." Sounds good to me. Man, I hope she'll always be excited to go there.





7 comments:

Travis Laurel said...

You two are so cute. It makes you feel all good inside to hear how amazing she knows the temple is; even before really knowing what the temple is. Makes me appreciate my chance to go. I should visit more often.

Lenard said...

Its great she loves it so much!! Doing a great job obviously! pictures are way cute.

Grandma Krissy said...

Love the hand pose.....keep talking to her about the temple...

Katrina said...

that is so sweet. SO sweet. what a good, cute girl. you should take her to Mt. Timp when you come here too, so she can see where Mommy and Daddy went to get married like a Prince and Princess. :)

Danni said...

How much fun! It amazes me what sweet spirits these little ones have!

Emily Rasmussen said...

so sweet!

KBPatterson said...

I absolutely love that she is so into the temple and understands that is where she will get married. Great parenting guys! That is the cutest thing ever when she said she wanted to get married there like a princess and talk to Heavenly Father. Priceless!!!