Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Conference Weekend

I love conference. I LOVE listening to the prophet speak, while at home with my family, in my pajamas. Even though I didn't hear as much as I would have liked to, I did enjoy it. The talks, the munchies, the family hanging out. Oh I love it! I still don't think Gabe quite gets why older people's faces are wrinkly. When we were watching she looked up and says," WHOA, mom! Look at his face." It was even Elder Perry who was smiling and happy. I think it confuses her. Ha. She says stuff like that to me about the old people in our ward too. Sometimes a little too loudly. :). She honestly isn't around really wrinkly people often. We tried to paraphrase some talks for her. I am happy to say that afterwards when asking her what the prophet talked about, she told us temples. It helps she is obsessed with temples right now. I don't know that shed remember if you asked her now, but atleast at the time she did get some positive things from it.

I printed off some fun stuff to keep Gabe entertained while we watched. I love other people's creativity. We found some fun stuff this go round. See for yourselves.

Gabe did awesome coloring them. We now have them hanging in her room.


After the first Sunday session we walked the Marina for the first time in a long time. We've been wanting to with the nicer weather, but it's always SOOO windy. Sunday was perfect so we went. Ollie was content in the stroller. Gabe and Daddy found some caches as we went around. In the last picture Gabe decided she wanted to be the one to tell him where a cache was at. She told him they should look in the bushes. He kept trying to explain to her that there wouldn't be one there, but she insisted on looking. Cute girl.


I hope everyone else had a nice relaxing, spiritually uplifting weekend. I can't wait to get my ensign so I can read what I missed.

5 comments:

Judy said...

Geocaching here I come!! Love the "paperdoll" Apostles.

KBPatterson said...

What fun activities. It's hard trying to listen when you have little ones. At least Gabe got something out of it! That's awesome! I love conference!

Travis Laurel said...

That's very creative of you to get that for her. I'm always amazed at the activities you find for your kids. I think you're example is going to make me a much more entertaining mom.

Katrina said...

Her hair is getting so long! Look at that pony tail!

Conference was enjoyable. I was pleased to hear more of it than I anticipated. Love those paper dolls too. Haha. I saw a conference bingo and thought of you. That could be something you get for her in a few more years.

Lenard said...

ya i got to actually hear a few different talks. I loved it, what great messages they gave, and I loved what i got out of it. Wish our printer for our computer worked so we could let the kids do some fun things. Sure that would have helped us out. Gabe is looking so grown up I can't believe it!!