I had my first cervical exam at the doctor's office today. Always so much fun. She first checked my stomach growth, right on track. She then checked the heart beat which is still Gabe's favorite part. It sounded good. Gabe gets all excited to hear it. The doctor always says, he's a happy baby. So when Gabe hears it, she says, "Oh happy baby. I hear it." She made sure he was heads down still, which he definitely is. It's kinda funny that I have gotten more stretch marks recently on this one part of my stomach. Yeah it's where his bum is. He likes to poke it out. (Okay stretch marks aren't funny-but the fact it's his bum causing it is amusing to me) Then came the fun part. Just so everyone knows, Adam and Gabe were in the corner, and didn't view any of it. My child doesn't need to see that, but I still wanted Adam there to ask questions and hear what she had to say. The doctor said, "Well you're at a one. No, you're more than that, I'll put you at a two." I then asked about effacement. She said that I was 50% effaced, and it was feeling thin and soft. Well nothing too crazy or anything. Most women wouldn't brag about it, but for me it was a big deal.
A little background on Gabe, I was at a zero dilation with No softening even way past her due date. My other doctor, (I'm going to a different doctor this time) told me I had an uncooperative cervix, and possible problems with my uterus. So upon hearing today that my body is actually functioning that way it's supposed to, and that I won't have problems, makes me so happy! So hurray for something, I'll take anything. Now I know that some women can be where I'm at for weeks at a time, and that's fine with me. I just liked hearing that my body may cooperate a little better with this child. I asked this doctor about having problems from the beginning, and she just told me to wait and see if this pregnancy was different. I did have some real contractions Sunday night. Nothing consistent, but I did make my doctor go over with me when to go to the hospital and such. I've never been through that having been induced, so I made sure I had some steps on when to go to the hospital. The nice thing I guess is that I know what a real contraction feels like versus a Braxton Hick, so that will be helpful. She did tell me today that I tested positive on my strep test, so I have to be on antibiotics when I'm in labor. It doesn't effect me, but Ollie can get sick from it when going through the birth canal. So as much as I don't love the idea of being hooked up to an I.V. the whole time, I asked not to be with Gabe, I am fine doing it to help our little guy out. Anyway there is my status update.
6 comments:
Thanks you so much that helps me a ton. Now I know to keep the subs on stand-by rather than figuring if you were going to have to be induced again. Now if you start having any really regular contractions please let me know soon so I can get on the phone with them. Sure looking forward to spending a day or two playing with Gabe.
congrats, yeah I hope labor goes "beautifully"! It's been fun reading about your pregnancy makes me think maybe I could do it one more time, just cause it'd be weird to never go through that again . . . maybe?
You're more than me... :S Haha its ok, this is your second, you're allowed. I'm so glad to hear that things are moving along better this time. Its wonderful to know that things may happen the way you want them to this time.
My Dr told me that you can get a little cap off IV thing for the Strep B, I was worried about being positive too and thats what he told me. That way you wont have to carry the big metal pole thing around.
Some thing is always better than nothing. It's good to hear your on you way and getting close:)
Yay! Getting close. I hope you go quickly and as pain-free as possible. I can hope right?? Thats exciting, I'm excited!!:)
Yea!!! Progression! I bet you were so excited. I'm happy for you. You will do great!
Post a Comment