Monday, August 30, 2010

Not the Best Timing

Last night Gabe wasn't acting quite herself. She has lately been testing her limits with us to see what she can get away with. Good timing with a new baby coming huh? Well last night Adam looked at me as Gabe was crying like crazy over something silly and asked, "What's wrong with her?" I had no clue. I said, "She's acting like she does when she's sick." Well this morning was even worse. She was really hard to deal with. Everything was overly dramatic and hard. Well low and behold her nose starts running. I think I jinxed us. She now has this full blown cold going on. I think she slept maybe a half hour of her nap time, when it's usually close to two hours. That was even with me taking her into bed with me to try to help her sleep. It usually works. It didn't. Poor thing couldn't breath, and kept coughing because of it.

On top of all that fun, I've probably had one of the most uncomfortable days as of yet so far. I couldn't even walk. I don't tell you for sympathy, just to state it was a hard day. I told Adam, I can't afford to get sick right now. If I have a full blown cold going into labor, my breathing methods are out the window. Also I don't think coughing like crazy will feel good on my body either. So then of course I have a few contractions today. AH! I also don't want Gabe sick when this baby comes either. One, she is so excited for him, I don't want to be the one to tell her she can't touch him. Two, she's hard for us to deal with when sick, let alone leaving her with someone. Especially in the night when she is up a bunch of times miserable just wanting one of us to comfort her. If some random person walks in, I think it'll freak her out. So here I am for the first time in my pregnancy praying this guy of ours will wait to make his appearance, until Gabe's cold is over. Or that Gabe will get over whatever it is she has quickly and it won't lead to something else. I don't know like mouth sores, or an ear infection. I also don't want it spread to Adam or myself, but I'm pretty sure I already have it. So here I am venting it out to all of you as I just got Gabe back to sleep for the third time since she has gone to bed. Poor thing. I do just love a wonderful understanding husband who came home after work and took care of both of us. Wish us luck, this could be an interesting few days/weeks...............

1 comment:

Grandma Krissy said...

I am so sorry honey!!! It is times like these that I wish I didn't work so I could just pack up and head right over to help. It will all work out. I sure love you1