Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bitter Sweet

This week has been bitter sweet for me. Last sunday they let me know they were releasing me from Primary President. It really was the last case scenario I was expecting. I thought for sure they'd give me new counselors and call it good. My bishop told me they were set to do just that, but every time they prayed about it, they felt I should be released as well. They don't release anyone in my ward, cause it's so hard to fill callings. Most callings you can plan on being in for a while. I have been in the presidency for 4 years now, but two as president.

When he first told me, I had all sorts of thoughts. I was worried about handing "my kids" over to just anyone. Ha. So when he told me who they were calling, I felt a lot better, cause I know she'll be great. I was happy with this new baby coming that I wouldn't have to stress being the one in charge anymore. I kinda mopped and pouted all week long though, not knowing what to do with myself. Especially since they initially told me they didn't have a new calling for me. Last night however, they came to our house to issued me a call to be a sunday school teacher. I have to say that it is the calling I wanted. It works out so great for us right now, and keeps me from a scary enrichment calling. :) (I'm secretly afraid of relief society in this ward)

I am over the 14 & 15 year olds. We only have 3 youth sunday school classes, instead of a normal 6, cause our ward is so small. I am a little worried as to how to make my lessons creative enough that the kids will enjoy them. I remember having some boring sunday school teachers growing up, and I hope I don't end up as one of them. You all know what I mean- the kind that just read from the manual the whole lesson. I also am determined to love this calling, cause I kept telling Adam it's the one I wanted right now in life. Primary was a lot easier to make things "fun". I think it'll be a nice challenge. I gotta get the hang of it before the beginning of the year, cause next year I get some challenging kids in there. Wish me luck, I'll need it! I really will miss primary, but I am excited for a change.

5 comments:

Katrina said...

I'm glad you got a calling you wanted. Thats the calling I could see myself enjoying at this point also. Just remember, they always like treats and bribery of any kind.

AdaMandy said...

Yeah except that's the one thing they counseled me not to do, was bring treats. I guess it causes a lot of problems in the ward. SO I think I'll make them earn them, and not have them every week.

Judy said...

You'll do great. Sometimes it's just remembering how they think and getting them involved in the lesson. I loved teaching Sunday School. One year I had 18 16 - 17 year olds. That was an interesting experience.

KBPatterson said...

You'll do great! And YEA for no Relief Society calling! Ha. Although I think you would do great at that too. :)

Grandma Krissy said...

Sounds like you needed the change and you will do fantastic! I just know it. You have a creative mind....I know you will do good. Love ya