Thursday, August 19, 2010

Prego Dreams

Aren't Pregnancy dreams funny? It's true what they say about having crazy dreams when you are pregnant. You all have probably seen my running list on our blog of them. I decided at the beginning I'd keep track of the funniest ones. I keep thinking I need my hospital bag packed. Then I think, oh I have time. Well last night I had a dream I went into Labor, which is way too early. I got to the hospital and they didn't have a room that I could deliver in. They sent Adam and I to wait on a couch, even though I was telling them I was ready to push. They didn't believe me. A few minutes later, Adam was holding our son, umbilical cord and all, trying to get someone to help. All the staff just kept rushing past us. Finally we got some help. They sent us to some random room to wait, still not having a room for us. They told me I didn't get a room, cause I didn't register yet. There was a shower in the room they told me I could use, but I didn't have my hospital bag with me, so I couldn't shower or change. I was miserable. I didn't want to send Adam home to get it, cause I didn't want to be alone.

Come to find out my sister in-law Danni, who isn't even pregnant delivered a baby in the same hospital the night before, so we went to see her daughter. Me in my gross, non showered state and all. She lives in South Carolina by the way. (I don't know why you were pregnant in the dream Danni-or delivering at the same hospital). Meanwhile my other sister in-law Katrina, who is pregnant and due any day came to the hospital mad at me for having my baby before her. (She lives in Idaho-and would be justified at being irritated)

It was an interesting dream. Still kinda funny. I am however getting a hospital bag ready and registering at my hospital tomorrow after my doctor's appointment. It still shook me up enough to take things seriously. I originally had my appointment Tuesday, but after getting there my doctor was on call, and called out to deliver a baby. So I get two trips this week. I can't be mad, you can't help when babies come. It was a little hard due to the fact that Adam forgot he was helping in the warehouse that day, and I had to last minute drop Gabe off there to hang out while I went. She did well and just watched a show on the ipod and colored. I would normally bring her, but I was scheduled for the strep test, and she didn't need to be in there with me for that. I think next week they start my fun cervical exams. I am interested to see how this one will differ from Gabe. With her I wasn't dilated or effaced at ALL even past my due date. We'll see what this guy decides to do. With as much crap that is going on with my body, I sometimes wonder if I'll make it to September- which I DO want to make it to. Anyway, with it about a month away it's all down hill from here hopefully. Part of me can't believe I have a month left, but mostly Adam and I are both okay once September hits, to have him arrive.

P.S. I'm sorry I'm so picture-less lately in posts. Gabe and I have been hermits at home so much, there really isn't anything to show off that's fun and new.

5 comments:

Judy said...

Could you and Katrina space out your babies just a little bit so I can find substitutes who will work for me! It doesn't have to be too far but a week or so would me nice.

Katrina said...

Oh Mandy, that dream made me laugh. And you're right, I probably would be a little hurt- simply because she's supposed to be coming soon!! But like you said, you cant help when babies come! And we're excited to have a close cousin. Lets just start praying that Baby Girl will make some moves, because I'm so ready to be Mommy!

The Letterman's said...

I don't know if delivery ever gets any less scary no matter what number it is, something about actually getting that baby on the outside of you just seems all to scary and impossible! But hello all natural you'll do great, me and my c-sections have nothing on you tough mommy's!!

KBPatterson said...

You do have some crazy dreams. That's fun that you are documenting them. You may have to celebrate if you find out you are dilated or effaced. Ha. Your little man will be here before you know it. :)

Danni said...

Don't you love crazy dreams?!! I got a kick out of this one!