
(This is some random pic I got off the web-not our youth)
It's a ward tradition they do every year. They used to have a lot of families show up, this was the first year they asked to make it just youth. They wanted to make sure the youth get their turns in all the fun. Anyway, someone in the boat holds up a flag, the boat takes off, and when the flag goes down, you try to knock the people from the other banana boat, off their banana. You can push them off, tip it over, throw them off, whatever. It's actually a lot of fun, and not as many injuries as one would assume. The bananas start out pretty close together. I think that I could say growing up with one of these, I've seen more injuries in the way we rode ours (which wasn't how you were supposed to ride it), than have been reported from Banana Wars. Adam did end up with a few bruises on his arms from people grabbing onto him, and trying to throw him off, but nothing crazy. He just kept getting grabbed in the same place.
Adam didn't take any pictures, cause another guy from our ward took on that responsibility. So if we get any from him, I'll post some. It's an all day event so it was another weekend with him busy and gone. He was in charge of it, and the night before ended up helping some good friends move. So I took on the task of prepping all the food for it. I'm glad I could step in and help him, he was a little stressed trying to get it all done. It turned out great, and everyone had fun. My sunday school class was stoked to tell me how many times they took Brother Fluke out.
ANWAY, tonight I told him he better go Mountain Biking, cause this weekend he was staying home. He hasn't been Mtn. Biking in probably almost a month (besides on his camp out). For Adam that's an eternity. I love him to go and do it, cause it's kinda his de-stresser. With all that he does, he really deserves it. He's always doing stuff for others, so I usually work something out with him so he can go once a week. That way he can go, and not feel guilty. He hasn't been able to go, being so busy.
They went today on some new trails up by Truckee, CA. The one they ended up going on was a down hill trail. It was made to fly down, and is specially designed with jumps and such. Well he and his buddy decided to film one another jumping, right when Adam decided to biff it. So he has some Narly road rash in quite a few places from this fall. I told him maybe he should stop showing off. ;) This was the first time hearing about a wreck that I've heard him say, "I laid there for a minute wondering if anything was broken." I told him he knows the rules-if he's gonna bike, he has to come home safe and sound, not bruised and broken. I told him it's his warning, that he can't come home like that, it scares me. The only other time I was more nervous hearing his biking story was when he told me, "Oh and we saw bears...a mom and a baby." Anyway, the poor guy is all torn up with cuts and rashes on his calf, elbow, shin, back, etc. Pretty much the right side of his body. Plus he still has some bruised arms from banana wars. Tomorrow he is helping in the warehouse, lifting a bunch of windshields too. I hope he gets the sleep he needs. I do know he will have a nice weekend relaxing at home for once, if Gabe and Greta will let him.
3 comments:
that sounds way too much like his cousin Joseph - smashing himself up like that. You won't have time to nurse him when you are having a new baby coming! He does like those crazy rides though.
I still think Steve and I need to come out so that Steve can go with him. I think he'd really like the mtn. biking. Esp. since he has his own bike!
That looks like so much fun! I bet the youth had a blast. And Adam fits right in. No wonder they love him! Hopefully Adam remembers his fun road rash next time he thinks of doing anything too crazy on his bike. Ha.
Post a Comment