As many of you are well aware I have been a little obsessive with blogging. A lot of it is random nonsense, and I'll let you all know I blame it on nesting. I know that seems silly, but it's true. I feel like I have the time to do it now (being up at all hours of the night and morning), and not having a new baby on my hands. I feel like I have to document everything I can right now before I get too busy. I also feel like this is the last few months I have one child, so I need to remember how that was, and what we did with her. Crazy pregnancy hormones. So thanks to all for humoring me in my randomness. Especially since trying to read through a post typed by myself proves to be challenging. (I am famous for typos)
Anyway Adam is out camping with his young men right now. They left early this morning. We both ended up late trying to get things ready for him to go. Then Gabe was up all night complaining about her tummy ouches (tummy ache), and then I had this horrible tooth ache. Not to mention we've all had horrible colds for a week. I know I complain about not sleeping a lot. Ha. I don't think sleep came to either Adam or I much, but we did get him off and going come morning and he kept telling me, "I'm so excited for this." He really loves camping with the guys, and really put a lot of work into planning this one. Just the day before he was still up at the campsite planning out a compass course for them. I hope that everything goes the way he wants it to.
Meanwhile I really am excited to hang out with our girl for a few days. I tried to explain to her this morning when he left that Daddy was going on a trip for a few days, and when she asked to go, I explained it was only for boys. I'm using that excuse while I still can, before we have a little boy too. She seems okay with that one. We tried not to use the C-word (camping), cause that would have been a little harder to argue with. Now Greta on the other hand is STILL at eleven at night waiting for him by the door. She also runs to the garage when hearing any kind of noise. I think she will end up driving me crazy, but oh well.
Tonight the girls I served with in Primary gave me a small, quaint baby shower. I wanted it really little, and casual, and it was great. I love these girls I served with, so it was kinda a nice "primary is over" party for us all too. Just a few of us hanging out with our kids running around playing around us. It was also nice for Gabe to have people come over, cause she asked me all day long to go ba-bye somewhere. No car, not too many options. I do plan on a park outing tomorrow. It was nice to have some friends to play with here. Thanks girls, you're wonderful!
I also had a doctor appointment this week. It was the first time I went to one without Adam, and I knew Gabe would be fine. She loves going and hearing the heart. She thinks it's great. She was cute chumming it up with the doctor and nurses. Everything is good and on track. The doctor was like, next appointment we do your strep test, and then the next we'll start cervical exams. My first thought was-WAIT WHAT!! ALREADY!!?? Yeah it is getting that close. I feel like it's taken it's time the last few months, so it kinda threw me off realizing it's August. This has been my first week where doing nothing has made my feet swell and ache. I'm kinda bummed it's started already. (with gabe the aching feet didn't start until a few weeks till the due date) I was doing the dishes today, and had to put my feet up after. RIDICULOUS RIGHT? Oh well. I guess I am lucky with our hot summer, it hasn't started sooner. Start a count down folks, it's coming!
Tonight I got my first sunday school lesson planned. I am a little over whelmed going from simplified primary lessons, to teaching Isaiah. ISAIAH! I don't know about that one, but we'll see how it goes. I hope to get some things done for Ollie's room, and get some baby stuff done. So as much as I miss my husband, and hate sleeping alone, it's nice to have some time to get things done. There is my update.
2 comments:
How fun for Adam. I can totally understand the swelling feet. If you ever need to complain, feel free to give me a call, we can swap stories.
You are just too cute!!!
Post a Comment