Sunday, August 15, 2010

She Can Fly


(the only pic I had of it)

I previously mentioned how Gabe is kinda obsessed with flying lately. Planes, fairies, birds, etc. She finds it fascinating. When she eats foods she has to make every bite fly into her mouth like an airplane. When coming home from church we saw a fire truck and I explained they were going to help someone stop a fire. She then told me no, they were going to help birdies fly. She argued that until we got home. Don't know where that came from, but I guess I'm glad in her mind the birdies have help if they need it. One day she was playing with her barbies and making them all fly in the air. I remembered we had gotten her these wings for Halloween a few years back, and hadn't done anything with them for a while. So I told her she could fly too. You've all seen pictures of her in these wings and her tutu before. What you don't know is how obsessed she has become with them. Have you ever seen the kid on tv, or in a movie that won't take his superman cape off? That is Gabe. She wears it with pajamas, and all day long once dressed. She cries she has to take them off to go somewhere or to sleep. Adam said to me, "She will not be one of those kids that wears them places." I agree, they can stay at home. I am glad she is enjoying them, even if I get to battle with her to put them away. She now tells us, "I tinterbell. I tinterbell princess. I fly!" Ha. I guess it's good timing for the new Tinkerbell movie coming out in September. We figured when it comes out we'd get it for her and have a fun movie night with her when the baby is brand new to give her some "Gabe time".

3 comments:

Judy said...

That was a giggle the whole way through! I have visions of her in her Sunday clothes heading off to church with her wings on - I'm glad she doesn't wear it everywhere!! I hope she doesn't end up with a broken bone from trying to fly off something high.

Katrina said...

Love the imagination!

KBPatterson said...

I think that is the cutest thing ever! She looks so cute in her wings and tutu! She makes an adorable princess! I love it! Who doesn't want to be Tinkerbell. ha.