They actually have these official stickers you can get to put on a cache if you hide one, so people will leave them alone if found.
A quick show off of the dress Nana sent for Gabe. Thanks she loves it as you can see. Please excuse her crazy hair I was trying to maintain by her headband-unsuccessfully.
These are the "small hills" we climbed. When you are almost 37 weeks pregnant, those aren't small. We hiked about three, so normally not bad. About halfway up the second, Adam says, "I probably could have pulled the car up here." Ha! We also joked upon seeing an old crappy chair, that someone knew I'd be hiking and set it out for me to rest. (Sorry- I was playing with my black and white setting back and forth. I forgot one of the settings was on it.)
Gabe even eventually hitched a ride with Daddy.
While Daddy checked coordinances to even make sure we were by our "treasure", Gabe observed bugs...
And threw Rocks
Daddy then told us we needed to climb another hill. Okay I thought, here goes nothing.
Greta ended up cutting her foot on something (she's okay), so I hung out with her, and sent the other two frolicking off to find the cache, or treasure/toys as Gabe would say.
They found it!
With bigger caches, the rule is you are supposed to put something in if you take something out. You never know what you're gonna find. Ours was full of fun little trinkets. The cache was called pirate something, so the original guy put a pirate theme on all his stuff. There was some of that left, but a lot of other random toys. Gabe loved this little dinosaur key chain for some reason. She wanted to take all the toys out and play with them all right then and there, we thought it was funny. It was hard for her to just choose one.
Adam sampled the sunglasses found in there. Gggrrr, lookin hot babe.
Gabe was good at letting us know a dinosaur says ROOOARRR. We weren't aware she knew what one said.
Proof I did hike myself up there as well
Our third cache was on the way home at this fun new park, where Gabe found a beautiful bracelet. (It was really ugly)
Is that not the biggest tunnel slide you've ever seen? Ha. Gabe has been into the tunnel slides lately, and actually volunteered to go down it. It happened only once and she was nervous the whole way down
There you have it folks, our new hobby. With all the hiking and exploring we like to do, it'll be fun to add this onto it. Maybe in a week I'll be making Adam take me to the "real" mountains to put myself into labor, and we can still find caches along the way. Our next goal is to hide our own near our house somewhere.
3 comments:
You've got to love those clearance rack dress finds - now if only I could have found a size three for SG, I guess I'll have to keep looking. Our first experience in geo-caching was less than stellar. I think I need to have Adam teach me better how to work the app. Michael got rather impatient with me in the process since I wasn't very good at it!
Now I need some gadget too so we can go geocaching! It sounds like fun.
Looks like a fun adventurous day. Don't you love how kids think a can of junky trinkets are the coolest treasure ever. I don't blame Gabe for being nervous about the tunnel slide....it is huge. Aren't the tunnel ones normally twisty? She could get lost in there. Ha.
Post a Comment