Tuesday, July 12, 2011

4th of July Part 2

We were outside later that day and Adam decided it was time to clean the car after the move down, it was gross. He let the kids help.
She at one point had the hose pointed right on her and couldn't figure out how to get it to stop soaking her, not even thinking to point it away. It was pretty funny.
Ollie usually just got in the way and got Gabe all worked up. :)

Since we already had the hose out, we pulled out the kiddie pool and let the kids play. Ollie loves water, but didn't quite know what to think of this. I think partly because he wanted to splash like mad, but ended up soaking his face. Nothing like playing in water on a warm July day.




This picture makes me laugh, cause it sums up what I get to break up most days. Ollie is a strong kid and wants everything Gabe has, so Gabe hoards all the toys so he can't get any. It usually results in them both screaming at each other, and Ollie ripping them out of her hands, and Gabe shoving him. Oh the fun sibling battles I get to referee already. Oh sibling love.

Later after Ollie was asleep we did some sparklers with Gabe. In Nevada we could never do sparklers, so it was her first time. She thought they were pretty great, but they still made her a tad nervous. Adam tried to get her to run with them, but she wouldn't. She did twirl them and write letters and drew shapes supposedly. We were going to go watch the fireworks, but ended up going to bed. We were all ready. I was sick, Ollie was so tired, and Gabe was asking to go to sleep. Adam didn't want a super late night needing to start his new job the next day. So we watched a ton of neighbors light off the big illegal ones. I was surprised how many there were going off everywhere. We really didn't miss out, we saw a ton just from those and Gabe was happy. It was a nice holiday before diving into work and unpacking.


4 comments:

Katrina said...

One of those middle swimming pictures of Ollie looks so much like Ainslee. Its weird...
Funny sibling battles though. Eventually they'll love each other and really know it.

Grandma Krissy said...

What a fun little place. I would be there every day! And you know what??....at least you had a parade!

Lenard said...

That is a fun little pool, I bet it feels way nice out there in the heat too. So funny that they fight over stuff already, Gabe reminds me of Cierra, she always hides toys and isn't a very good sharer. Too funny, and the pics are way cute!

KBPatterson said...

That is so funny Gabe was soaking herself and didn't think too turn the hose. Your kids look so cute playing in their pool. gotta love the sibling fighting. I am so glad Gabe got to try sparklers!!! Every little kid needs to have fun with sparklers. She'll get more comfortable with them. They passed a new law in Utah allowing the bigger fireworks (that use to be illegal) that's probably why you saw so many going off this year.I think Utahns all over went crazy with them.