Sunday, July 17, 2011

Life with Gabrielle


This post is way past due. I've had this list of things Gabe has said or been up to, and it's starting to get a little long. It's time for another Gabe post, so I can record some of them.

*Before we moved we had some ants in our kitchen trying to get into Greta's dog food. When Gabe asked what they were doing, I told her they were trying to eat the dog food. She laughed and laughed, and said, "Mom, ants eat ant food, not dog food." She's very literal. We went to the store to get shoes for Ollie, when I told her we were buying flip flops, she laughed and told me boys don't wear flip flops. She's never seen Adam in his yet, so assumed they were a girl thing.

*Gabe is very into pretend games right now. Whether she is an animal, or pretending to be a princess, she takes her role very seriously. To the point where she won't answer you unless you remember to address her as dog, or Belle, or Rupunzel. She one time pretended her baby had a dirty diaper, and I let her pretend to change it with one of Ollie's diapers. I later went to use "the dirty one" on Ollie and she would not have it, cause it was dirty of course. I had to wait until she was asleep to put it back.

*She loves to tease, and always tells us she's just teasing us

*We went to the park and I was pushing her on the swing, she got this very serious look on her face. I asked her what she was doing, and she said, "Oh just thinking about my life." She's deep. Ha.

*She wore this toy ring one day and told me it was a very special ring. When I asked her why it was special, she told me cause nobody will try to eat it and that I should give it to my grandma so she can wear it everyday. She's funny. I guess she gets her things eaten a lot by her brother.

*We went outside and she noticed the clouds and how cool they looked. She got all concerned and told me, "Oh no mom, I hope the sun doesn't melt them."

*We were in the car and Adam was listening to a sports station, when he got out for a few minutes I changed it to music. Gabe goes, "Mom don't skip that, I was listening to baseball."

* We've been trying to help Gabe remember the date of her birthday. We were doing so well, so I had Adam ask her when he got home one day. Her answer was, "In two weeks!" Ha not quite.

* When we were driving here on the move she cracked me up more than once. She kept asking questions the WHOLE way. I at one time told her I didn't know the answer to something. She goes, "That's okay mom, I know everything." Ha, yes I believe she thinks she does. I kept telling her our plan and that we would see our cousins. She kept forgetting the word cousins and couldn't remember what they were called. She told me, "Mom I can't wait to see my kisses." :) When we dropped stuff off to store at my sister's house she was confused why we had to leave our stuff. I told her our new house is little and that it wouldn't fit all of our stuff. She started crying saying she didn't want to live in a little house, because we wouldn't fit in it. I think in her mind, she was imagining our house being really really little that we wouldn't physically fit in it.

*Our new house's dishwasher has issues and has all these tricks to it to get it to work. One day I couldn't get it to work. She said, "Mom maybe you can hit it and then it'll work." Just for the record, she learned that from Daddy. :) The funny thing is his method usually works.

*She calls banks, the piggy bank store.

*She lately always tells me, "Mom I really like you, you're the best mom ever." I like the days she tells me that. :)

*When people ask her name she responds, "My name is Gabrielle, but I go by Gabe, you can call me Gabe." She sounds so grown up.

*She fell asleep and got all hot and sweaty. When she woke up she was all worried about it and I told me that it was okay, cause I still loved her. I asked her if she would still love me if I was hot and sweaty and stinky. She told me, "Ew, no."

*She was busy drawing and scribbling on this pad of paper. I tried to talk to her and she told me, "Mom sshhh you gotta be quiet, I'm trying to plan my lesson."

*She was having a hard day and just told me, "Mom I just want you to hold me for three days."

*The report from nursery from our new ward, her leaders all tell us she is SOOO funny. I'm not sure what she's doing in there, but they have all told us that.

* Grandpa Weiss helped us move in, she made sure to tell him that he sure had a big tummy. :P

*Lunch time is our new story hour. While we eat she asks if she can tell me stories, and I let her. They are all very imaginative and randomly funny. They involve princesses, eggs, witches, and toothbrushes.

*She was pretending to be a princess and she told me she had just married a prince. I asked her what he looked like. She goes, "Um...he has squares on his shirt." Ever seen the later seasons of blues clues with Joe, not Steve? She loves that show. He wears these really ugly shirts with squares on them. I don't think she thinks he's cute, I just think she remembers his shirts. After she told me about the shirt, she continued, "and he's wearing church shoes." Sounds like a keeper. Ha.

*She got me up the other night to help her go potty. She was tipsy and all over the place walking. She goes, "It's okay Mom, I think I'm a little sleepy."

* She NEVER stops talking. She just rambles and goes and goes on and on. Especially to adults, cause they talk back to her. She would tell you her whole life story if you'd let her. Lately we've had people tell us that she really knows how to talk. Not a quiet moment at our house, but it keeps us entertained.

6 comments:

Judy said...

I am soooo glad you remember to write down all those hilarious Gabe-isms. She is a thinker! I love that little person. She is just growing up so fast it worries me.

KBPatterson said...

She cracks me up! What a a cutie! I love her little imagination. Don't worry Mand, she still loves you when you're sweaty...ha. I love how literal kids are. Gabe really is a thinker!!! And sometimes she really does sound like a little adult. She is the greatest! I was laughing for the whole post. Love that you recorded it all.

Katrina said...

Best stories! Love them! I'm going to make Steve read it, so we can use them in our jokes. :D I love that she ponders life... sounds like you have a smart cookie on your hands.

Lenard said...

She is hilarious! I was laughing the whole time too, funny that she told grandpa he has a big tummy! Oh and the sweaty one too, that brought tears to my eyes ha. She has such a fun personality and it quite the talker. Can't wait until we can spend more time with her. Since she doesn't know us too well.

Grandma Krissy said...

Ha ha ha ha....can't stop laughing! I am so glad that you are so good at writing these things down. What a good mom you are!

Travis Laurel said...

Wow I think i split a stitch. She is hilarious!