Sunday, July 10, 2011

So far so good...

Well so far things have been pretty good. We had a few bumps, but things are going so much smoother now. It's so nice. To start with Ollie wouldn't stop biting me when I fed him, and I couldn't get him to stop. I know everyone had a theory,...you just stop the feeding...blah blah blah. I did IT ALL multiple times thanks. So I was trying a bottle with milk, formula, but nothing worked. So with a lot of work and some sad baby times, he is now officially sipper-fed. :) breast milk in a sipper. Works great and he NOW loves it. The nice thing is I don't have to pump forever, a few more months and then we're done. phew. It wasn't the best timing for it, but when is it ever?
We all got sick, except Adam of course, and that is now nicely over. The kids have been sharing a room and have done wonderful. We worried, but things have been great. They really sleep through each other. We did take Gabe into our room a few nights cause of her coughing.
This is what you get when you sleep by Gabe, her feet kicking you and all over you :) It made me laugh I had to take a picture. The first night I was up all night with her kicking me and Adam asked why I just didn't move her by him. The second night, she was by him and he slept great even with the kicking.

Our ward was a little different, but that's what happens when you go on a holiday weekend. Half the people are gone and half the people there are visitors. The lesson in Relief Society was on sisterhood. The teacher the previous week passed out anonymous questioners. She gave the results my first sunday. She gave statistics on how all the women in the ward feel about relief society in our ward. One question was how many of them knew their sisters well or felt like the other sisters knew them well. Yeah 5%-15% in the different age groups felt like they know each other. HA! I guess that happens in a ward with lots of apartments and rentals where people come and go so much. We are determined to get to know people. We've actually met a bunch of our neighbors already.

We are learning where things are. Not that it's a huge place, but it's new and it's a fun learning process. Even though the first time I drove by myself my GPS app got me lost. Ha it makes me laugh.

Everyone asks us about the heat and if we are miserable. Honestly we are inside most of the day. We have one car, so a lot of errands or outings are when we have the car. When we do go out, it's in the evening and PERFECT. It really is. Plus it's been pretty rainy and overcast here lately as well. I do have to tell you about the first Saturday we were here. Gabe asked Adam in the middle of the day to go to a park. Ollie was asleep so he said he would while Ollie slept. he decided to take Greta with him. The park was only a few blocks from the house. He called me and told me they got a block away before Greta and Gabe dove for shade under a tree and they hadn't moved since. Adam looked up the weather and it was 104 degrees. We learned our lesson. They did find their first St George geocache that was right by their shade tree. :)

Look at her hot pink little face
Life is in such an adjustment stage for us right now. A good one. Adam is so busy and works a lot of hours right now, that's tricky for us all. We love him and want him home, but we are learning how to sacrifice right now. His job took some figuring out the first few days, but is flowing well and he is liking it. It's hard work and we love him for all that he is putting in for us.
We have already done fun stuff here and are finding fun stuff. Adam brought me home some of this...
I was stoked. As for the fun stuff we've been up to, I'll work on those posts as soon as I can.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Yea for the geocache! 104 is just too hot to play in. I am dying to come see your new place but it may have to wait until we have cooler weather to come play. I'm going to try and get Dad to bring our tent and just stay at a KOA. We'll have to work on that.

Grandma Krissy said...

Wow....Pitch Black! I can't find that here! Gabe's cheeks sure are pink...poor thing! You guys will adjust. I did to Boulder City and loved it!