We've had some good storms here lately, making the gutters full. Gabe thought it was the greatest thing ever, so we let her play in it. Kinda gross I know, but so fun too. It reminded me of playing in our ditch at my house growing up. She loved putting sticks and leaves in the water and watching it float down and under the "tunnels", or driveways.
She has become quite the tree hugger. ;) She would send Adam to get a new leaf to send down, while she would hug a tree. Not sure why, guess she thought it needed one.


This picture makes me laugh. She told Adam she wanted to be a tunnel. She had Adam send the leaves down, and she would be a tunnel.

I've been playing it solo at home and with activities a lot more lately with Adam so busy. It's kinda a big adjustment for me. I'm used to him home in the evenings so I can cook dinner, or helping me get kids ready for bed, etc. I decided I would make the best of it, and make things positive. I tend to be negative.... :) I don't want to just throw on a show to entertain Gabe, so she now gets to help me make dinner. She loves it, I love it, it's fun. Ollie usually hates it, but we're working on it. I used to let her before, but now we do a lot. In these pictures, Adam was home, but she still wanted to help, so I figured I'd snap some shots while she's still enthusiastic to do it. It wasn't anything crazy, but she made us pizza for dinner. Plus she got to spend time with Daddy doing it.
We love any day we get Daddy at home to do fun things like playing in the gutter and making pizza.
3 comments:
I love Gabes tunnel, too cute! She mad an awesome one at that too. So funny how she kept hugging the trees, what appreciation she has for nature ha! So cute and a great idea for her to help out with dinner, Looks like she does a great job and is a wonderful little helper.
I love that Gabe helps you with dinner. It is so cute. What do you use for your pizza dough? My kids would love to help make pizza. I agree, her playing in the gutter reminds me of playing in our ditch too. There is just something about kids and water. Her tunnel pic is so adorable. She looks like a cute little bug. :)
Trav laughed pretty hard when he saw Gabe being a tunnel. What a hoot she is. It's so fun seeing Gabe in the kitchen. It will be so much fun having her around to cook with.
Post a Comment