Haunted House Day!!! This day was a little more challenging for me, cause all the ideas I could find were pretty much to make some sort of cake. I don't feel like I want tons of sweets in the house all the time. I do plan to make cookies, but those are easy to give away. I did end up finding some half decent stuff.
This is one of kid's favorite books that we already own. It was kinda about a haunted house, so it did just great. Plus they love it so we're good.
I know another coloring page, but they love them and I wanna keep track of what I did for next year.
I made these "block" houses. I put magnetic strips on the backs of all this and planned on having them assemble them on cookies sheets. They could make their own house and assemble it however they wanted. One cookie sheet was crappy and wouldn't stick, so they just did them on the floor. We then moved them to the fridge to play with them more.

This was another one of our "service" days. We talked about old dusty haunted houses, and that we didn't want ours old and creeky so we should dust it. So they helped me dust.
I know this isn't anything spectacular, but when you're 4 and 2 it totally is. This is our "haunted house" dinner setting. We put on Halloween music, and ate in the candlelight. I hope to plan a spooky meal using all the fun food ideas you can find for spooky food, but right now that's a lot of work for my kids not to eat it. When they're older I totally look forward to it. So we made ghost waffles. Milo hung out and watched.
1 comment:
Those waffles came out amazingly good. I always think when you pour on the batter and close the lid you never know exactly how they will come out so I am impressed that really look ghostly.
Post a Comment