Well I figured that I'd give another update on life with three kids. I wish I could say that we are in a routine and that we've got in down, but that'd be a lie. I did come to admit to myself that I just need to "go with the flow" better. I came to this realization that some days things just might not get done. Some days we just might eat grilled cheese for dinner, and some days I might be so lost and have a messy house. The next day I can get it done, and it doesn't HAVE to be done, despite wanting it done. I have given into the craziness of it, and it's working for me. :) Sometimes helping, playing, and being with my kids takes priority over cleaning, cooking, and other things. I just am learning to try not to be too embarrassed when people come over unexpectedly to a disaster of a house.
Milo is on no schedule and has been so turned around and flopped this month it's a little odd. BUT when you have other kids to take places, and things to do, baby has just got to learn to adjust a little with a later nap. And we just might have a cranky baby for the evening. It's a lot harder to get him scheduled out. Luckily for us he really is such a happy easy going baby. He's the first kid I'm not in too big of a hurry to hit his milestones. I want him to stay my baby. One, because he's the last. Two, because I am nervous about mobility. Ha!
Gabe is back to her, just go with it attitude. I think it helps that she has Preschool, and when the boys nap has me all to herself. She is doing well adjusting to it all.
Ollie is struggling in a different sort of way. He is in this feeling left out stage. It's tricky. Gabe goes to preschool and lately has had a bunch of playdates. I think now that they share a room, he realized that she isn't going to bed for a nap too. I don't think he ever really wondered if she did when they didn't share, but now that they share he realized only he has to. He used to scream and cry taking Gabe to school, cause he wanted to go and didn't want to drop her off. NOW he screams and cries that we have to go get her. Not that he doesn't love her around, cause he really is still lost without her and they play a lot in the day together. He just LOVES having one on one with Mommy, cause Milo sleeps for most of it. So I am trying to make sure he does get the one on one he needs, and Daddy has been making special attempts on including him, praising him, and just doing things with him as well. The nice thing is, Gabe is old enough that we can explain it to her and she's good about letting them go.
I have babysat for a few people, and had kids over for play dates lately. I've had the thought, Okay I think I can see how people have more. Just add one more to the crazy. I could do that if I had to. Not that I'm volunteering for more, but I see how people pull it off. Ha! Now six + that's still a little nuts to me. ;) Right now I'm content raising my 3. You just go with the crazy people, try to work out the kinks you come to, and find the many joys in it.
1 comment:
I do believe you've got it - 3 always seems to be the break point and any more than that just blends in to the mix. We loved having six because it just seemed like that was our "complete" family. I was always grateful the Lord made it easy for us to "know" when we had our full crew.
Post a Comment