We went to Tuacahn theatre!!! It's kinda a big deal, cause we wouldn't normally have been able to afford to go. In the future we hope to be able to go often, but right now 30-70 dollars per ticket isn't gonna happen. We go at Christmas time, cause they do a free nativity, but that's different. Tamara and her husband volunteer as ushers there and they get points towards free tickets for every show that they usher. Well, they get to see the show while there and don't have much family in the area to give free stuff to. She loves to watch our kids, so she offered to watch the boys while we took Gabe to it. (kids have to be 3 and older to go) So we went to go see Aladdin. It was super fun, and super cute. Gabe loved it, even though she fell asleep at the very end. It was late, ya can't blame her. The guy that played the Genie did so great. Gabe just wanted to see Jasmine the whole time. It was cute to watch her giggle at stuff and understand funny things. They get permission from disney to preform it, and have it approved. So it followed the story closely, but with more songs and a few added scenes. It was great.
They had a 3D part when he goes into the cave to get the lamp. They put a screen up behind the props and stuff flies at you. Aladdin and Jasmine also really fly on the carpet over your heads. We could have stood and touched them as they flew over us. It was fun.
The theatre is outdoors, so that's the red rock behind the scenes. You aren't supposed to take pictures, so I hurried and snapped some with my phone.
These guys were the narrators, they were hilarious.
They have the face pictures. You also could get pictures with Aladdin, Jasmine and the Genie after the show, but the line was super long and Gabe was ready to pass out. So we waved to Jasmine from a distance, Gabe was happy with that, and we left. Ollie did great while we were gone, Milo surprisingly didn't. So we hurried home to a sad boy. Goes to show that babies can tell when things are different than what they are used to. If I had known he'd do badly I probably wouldn't have gone. I don't love leaving my sad babies, and not being told they were sad. Oh well. You live and learn. She gave us three tickets and we felt bad not using three. It was still a fun evening, I just had to text and call more than I thought I would.






2 comments:
What a super fun time. I would love to see a show there too. We have talked about it a lot but never really made the effort to go. Now we will for sure.
That is so fun!! I would love to come visit and see a show. The expense would be tough, but how great to go.
Post a Comment