Okay after much drama over this stupid place, and situation, we are moving/moved. Let me just tell you that black mold is gross, stinks, and DOES in fact make you sick. Luckily I think I got the worst of it, and not my kids. I've had a constant headache for like a month. This is before we even knew we had mold. Whenever I'm not at the house it goes away, as soon as I'm back it's there. You could argue it's stress related, but I got them before I knew we even had mold. I also had this sore throat that went down into my chest, and couldn't breath well. Especially at night. The longer the time that you are exposed to it, the worse your sickness/symptoms get. My kids all got different kinds of cold symptoms. It was kinda weird seeing them all sick at the same time, with different side effects. I guess we all have mold allergies. We weren't willing to do that to our kids or ourselves no matter what anyone said. The funny thing is, that the only person that thought it really wasn't a big deal, was our landlord. I haven't had anyone make me so upset or make me feel that small in a long time. And trust me, I was rude and loud, and straight forward with this woman. Ha! Now that doesn't make me sound great, but it's true. I yelled at her, and cried behind the scenes so frustrated at this situation and her. That's me though, I cry when I get really mad. She had someone come and "fix" the floor. A handyman who didn't even know how to fix it. Even though we had two professional companies opinions, and a microbiologist tell us how it needed to be fixed to get rid of the mold. My doctor also said it was a good thing we were moving out, if she wasn't going to fix it. We did our homework, the landlord didn't care. We have heard in other states that legally you can't even have someone live there as a rental until you have it black mold certified. (until they've proved it's all gone) Our new rental place told us that's how Utah is too, but we are trying to decide who we would call to report the situation to. Only cause, I don't want another family with kids to move in and have to deal with it unknowingly. We'll see how it goes. I guess our neighbor was going to report it. I hope she does, cause she moved and won't have to see the landlord around town. We still live in this small town where my husband is trying to grow a business. I don't want drama if we can help it.
Anyway we have spent all week slowly moving stuff over. A friend let us use his truck one day. We slept in a hotel two nights. Lots of fun. Adam had to go to Vegas for his monthly meetings for two days. So I have been home juggling sick kids, running back and forth trying to get stuff done so we can just GET OUT!!! Hopefully saturday will be our last day there and we can say goodbye forever. Ha! We were sad to move, we were just starting to really enjoy it there, despite the quirks. We found a place up the street on 700 W. It's newer, but smaller, so it's adjustment time for us all AGAIN. Wish us luck after having to move AGAIN. I HATE moving. I told Adam the next move will be into our permanent house. One that nobody else has lived in if it were my choice. Kinda sick of living in other people's germs. When that'll happen who knows, now that we have racked up more debt and used savings to get out of this house. It's kinda messed up our birthday and holiday plans as well. Oh well. At least we found a place and we all are already feeling better being out.
Entertaining the kids while Daddy packed. Packing and keeping the kids out and entertained is definitely challenging.
My kids thought the truck was SO super cool


1 comment:
that mold is nasty. i'm glad you guys are moved out. but i'm sorry it messed with your finances. thats so frustrating.
Post a Comment