Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Around the House

I've been so busy with other stuff, I haven't done an every day life post. My kids are starting to really like to play with each other right now. This is them pretending to drive in the car. Adam put Milo in for the picture. I love their imaginations. 
 
This was a white Lady bug that we found at our old place, it was so cool. 
 
 
Ollie hanging out on moving day. Gabe was passed out sick, and I was packing with Milo in the carrier. So Ollie hung with the boys. He loves the big "eee-eee" Or truck. Not sure why he calls them that, but he does. 
 
 
So sickness has run a muck among us. It's rather frustrating, especially when fevers are seriously blaring, and all three kids are sick. It just makes life tricky. Even now, Ollie and Milo are starting another round of something, and Gabe is finally clearing out of hers. Now I get to have some stuff again too. Man, it just gets old. So any pictures of us lately can be interesting. Adam and I couldn't help giggling at Gabe when she woke up this way. I braided her wet hair the night before. She woke up reminding us of the polygamist women we see around town. We learned that the higher their hair is, the  higher respected they are in the community. Gabe looked like a "respected polygamist" that morning. Sorry that's bad of us, but true. 

We are slowly getting things unpacked and livable again. We turned in our church folders this week. Weird I never even got to experience teaching in activity days. I was bummed, it sounded super fun. Adam had just gotten released in cub scouts so he could just focus on Elders quorum. So much for that. I also had been asked to substitute teach in Relief Society for a lady who had to get some surgeries. I was filling in once a month until December. It's my "dreaded" calling. Anything with RS makes me freaked. Honestly though, I was kinda up for the challenge. Why not, I've taught almost everything else? It helped knowing it wasn't permanent. Also I feel like I haven't even really had a calling since Sparks. My chorister calling in St George was only for a few months, and I never got to teach in Activity Days. I just juggled my kids in the corner each time. I was supposed to teach in November. They combined the girls so it spread out our teaching time. I am used to being a lot busier. So I guess even though I was crazy nervous, I did enjoy it. That one time. :) Anyway, that's about it for now. 

3 comments:

Grandma Krissy said...

Imaginations are great! Kids don't use them enough these days! You do a great job. Adam too!

Travis Laurel said...

Seems like I'm always behind on your blog. Hopefully now that you're mold free you'll be done with sickness the rest of the winter. Wouldn't that be nice? It seems you two can't go to church once or twice before you both have an important calling. i bet this time around you're more involved and busy.

Katrina said...

Haha I love Gabe's hair. Hilarious!