Tuesday, October 30, 2012

13 Days of Halloween: PUMPKIN day!

Gabe has been begging to carve pumpkins, and I kept telling her she had to wait until closer to Halloween. I figured I'd fit it into our pumpkin day. It was kinda appropriate. So when she turned over the pumpkin one, she was dancing with excitement. 
 
Our pumpkin snack
 
 
Along with drinking some "pumpkin" soda
 
 
The kids and I browsed pumpkin patterns online to find which ones they would want to use for their pumpkins. They both chose out the ones they have, no influence from me. :) Adam was so proud of Ollie's "robot".
 
We read "The Big Pumpkin" book. Super cute.
 
We made some pumpkin whoopie cookies, and did some preschool pumpkin pages while they cooked.
 
Ollie didn't love the cream cheese middle, so I gave him a plain pumpkin one. He still wasn't sure that he loved it. Funny, cause Gabe and I LOOOOVVED them. 
 
Milo was happy to hang out
 
Time to carve
 
 
 
Gabe was all about diggin in. She wanted to get gooed
 
 
 
 
Ollie on the other hand, had no desire to get his hands gooed. There was no convincing him. He rode his car and danced to the Halloween music instead. 
 
 
Gabe was very particular about how she wanted things done. She was all sorts of bossy. :)
 
Once it came time to poke the pattern, Ollie LOVED it. It was hilarious. I told him he could poke anywhere on the black, and he was all for it. He lost interest when it came to carving/cutting time, so it worked out well. 
 
 
The finished projects. 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Grandma Krissy said...

You guys are so talented! Alan saw Milo's pic and said he saw you in him Such a smiley baby!

Judy said...

Those are "awesome" Jack-o-lanterns. No wonder Gabe was dancing with excitement!