Sunday, October 28, 2012

4 Month Old Milo

So four months have come and gone. Before I knew it, they had really gone. I try to do a post on or as close to around the month mark. Otherwise I worry I'll miss it. I'm a week late in posting, and was thinking I had done this already. I started and saved as a draft, but never posted or finished. It could have been worse I guess. :) I do have a good excuse. Life really has been a little more crazy than normal. Sorry bud, here's your 4 month post.
This month really has been random for Milo. Just when I felt like I was doing good schedule wise, he'd switch things up. It's been the most upside down-turned around month. It has left me so lost on how to do things with him. He'd have awesome naps, then forty minutes ones the next day. He'd sleep amazing a few nights, than be up like crazy. It has really thrown me for a loop and left me throwing my hands up in the air saying, "I just don't know what to do with you." It's gone on ALL month. Now that we are in our new place he has totally regressed, and I am waking up multiple times a night, just like I was when he was born. His naps have been decent, but he now won't go to sleep. Poor guy hasn't had a constant life schedule the last week and it has left him just as confused I think. So I get to start from the beginning and hope it helps. 

I also didn't think he was ready for rice cereal, and just told the doctor that. BUT the last couple of days the boy wants to eat every 2 1/2 hours again. He was up to 3 or 3 1/2. So maybe he is indeed needed something besides my milk. We'll maybe try it out soon. We have a hard time feeling like he's ready for it. I think partly, cause he's our baby and we don't want him to grow up. Also he didn't seem as sturdy as our others, until just now. Like I said, we'll see. 
Okay these are both of the boys around four months. The one on the left is Ollie, and the right is Milo. They really both have their own look I think. I don't think they look too much a like. I wanted to take a similar picture cause I remember taking one of Ollie. Milo seems like such a chunk to me, but still not as big as Ollie was. Well his arms aren't quite as chunky, but he's keeping up well. (Well I think it's also his arm angle, cause they picture below shows chunkier arms) At this point in life Ollie weighed 16 pounds 8 ounces. Well Milo weighed in at 16 pounds 2 ounces. Not as big, but hanging in there. He's in the 74% for weight. Ollie was 27 inches long, and Milo is 26.7 inches long. It puts him in the 95% for height. My doctor just went off on how long he was. It made me laugh, cause around this time the doctors talked about how tall Ollie was too. They both also have the same 17 inches head size at this age. It's kinda amazing to see. It puts is at 70% according to Milo's doctor, but at Ollie's the 50 percentile. The percentiles have varied a bit between chart readings. Oh well, it is just fun to see how they are measuring so much a like. 
 
 
*Milo kicks and coos so much now. He also is the biggest chatterbox. He talks and talks. It's so funny. Even at the doctor, he just rambled. The boy has something to say. 

*Besides all the random schedule, he also sometimes won't eat on certain sides of my body. It's so weird. I never know what to expect from him. I have noticed he's our only kid that doesn't really "root" for food. But he's also been the trickiest eater. He still gags and throws up a bunch. 

*At the beginning of the month he would sleep better in his crib than in our arms. Now he really hates sleeping in our arms. Ha! It makes church interesting. He doesn't love his crib lately either. It's kinda a battle just to get him to sleep. Luckily usually his binky does it for him. I love and hate those things. :) He got to the point where he'd sleep anywhere from 6-8 hours at night. Now he's back to like every four hours. Bummer huh?

*Speaking of binkies, he doesn't want to sleep without it. He wants it in his mouth, but always grabs it and pulls it out. Man I can't wait for the stage where he can put it in himself. 

*When he is happy in his crib, he makes the cutest fun noises in his crib. He just hangs out and rambles. It makes Adam and I laugh. 
 
*The beginning of the month he would accidentally grab onto stuff. Now he's starting to reach and grab. It's this fun new discovery for him. Especially if what he grabs makes noise. So fun to watch. 

*So he has giggled at us a few times this month. The first time is when I was changing him. He thinks it is so funny to have his clothes changed. Partly because he is SOOO ticklish. He just wiggles and squirms when you touch him. My other kids HATED being changed from the beginning. He might get that way, but for right now, he finds it very funny. The other times he'll giggle at me is when I lift him up to switch sides when I feed him. How funny is that?
*When he is sleepy he just grabs his face or his binky. He grabs by his eyes, and it's not my favorite thing. He has actually scratched his eyeball a few times poor thing. Mittens don't work people, and neither do short nails. Pretty crazy. 
 
*He tries so hard to sit up. He doesn't love to lay down. He wants to see everything that is going on around him. He also hates to be in a sitting position. He wants to be standing up. We finally feel like he's sturdy enough for the bumbo, and now he's already arching out of it. WHAT?? No! I need him to love that bumbo and he already wants out. It makes life interesting. 
 
*He's not rolling over yet, but he rolls onto his sides to try and see stuff. It used to be from his back he rolls on his sides, but he has started to do it from him tummy to his sides now. He's getting pretty close. 
*He sometimes likes tummy time, it kinda depends on his mood. He hasn't had much practice with it lately. Sorry Bud, life has been crazy. 
*He loves his siblings, he is so entertained by them
*He likes tummy boppy time if people will hang out with him
*He is such a little baldy. He has the least amount of hair out of all the kids. Just recently is is starting to get fuzzy all over and grow in. 
*He is SUCH a drooler. All kids go through their drooling phase when the saliva glands develop better, and they haven't learned how to swallow the spit. But he is so much more of a drooler than my others. He wets his shirt, and so I put bibs on him. And he'll go through bib after bib. He's not teething either, which I am so glad about. A little too early for me. 
*He has loved this toy. My others tolerate it. He gets excited to hang out under there. Now that he wants to sit up, he's less interested, but it still catches his attention long enough for me to do short tasks. 
Hanging out with mommy while she cooks
Love this boy. Happy 4 month big boy!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Such a wide variety of facial expressions. He makes me smile with his quirky half grins. And don't they all come with their own personalities! I think it's so hard to know what to expect when you are trying to compare two different people/personalities.

Travis Laurel said...

i hadnt read the post yet just saw the pic of ollie and milo and turned to trav and said in this "wow" voice, "this looks just like ollie" come to read it; it was ollie. duh! Trav had a good laugh at me tho. Milo looks so cute in those pics with his head all cocked smiling. adorable!! Hopefully you don't "baby your baby" too much. I swear on my life my nephew is like handicapt from his parents babying their baby. drives me crazy their 2.5 yr old is still on a bottle.

Katrina said...

I think he looks like Ollie but not like twins. He definitely has his own look- but for sure siblings. He has such a great mix of both Fluke and Weiss. Such a cutie.
Love binkies! I'm still hoping E will be a binky girl. She tries to suck her hands sometimes... we'll see.