Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Life with Gabrielle

We got a Lite Brite from a yard sale. She thinks it is sooo great. 
*One night when Gabe was saying her prayers she said, "Bless Milo that he'll walk and talk." She wants him to be able to talk to her so bad.

*Milo used to scream when I would bath him and be happy when Daddy bathed him. One day when when it was time for a bath I asked him, "Why do you like Daddy's baths better? What's his trick?"
Gabe comes over and in a high pitched voice asked him, " Do you like Daddy's better huh? Do you love Daddy better? Huh?"

*One day she says to me, "Mom I think that Milo loves me."
 
*She found this box one day and says, "I wonder who this box is from. Maybe it's from an old lady!"
 
*She was a doggy in this picture and the sleeves were her ears. She has such a fun imagination right now. She is so fun and loving. She tells everyone how much she loves them all the time.

*She loves to draw. One day she drew this picture and was telling me who everyone one was in the picture. She forgot to add Ollie. When I asked her where he was at she goes, "Hmmm...He wasn't born yet." 
 
*She has always had a rock collection, but now she's very into it. If she's into it, then Ollie is into it. They both try to bring home pockets full of rocks home anytime we go somewhere. We have to check them and make them leave half there. 

*When everyone was coming here for Milo's blessing, she said a prayer to bless that her family would drive safe and not drive the wrong way.

*She never stops talking. She always has something to say. It's very rare for her to be quite. She now has to talk with her hands and bobs her head all over when she is excited and telling you a story. 

*One night we were talking about families and she says, "Hey! How do you guys have moms and dads too?"

 
*We were walking home from Preschool one day and she goes, "Look at that tree, there isn't much hair on it!" I guess that means that trees are starting to lose their leaves around here. (kinda)

*We are back to reading the Old Testament for our scriptures, and every time we learn about Adam and Eve we go through this with her. Adam was reading and he says, "And Adam needed a wife....."
Gabe interrupts and says, "Her name can be Mandy."
 
*She's really good and patient with Ollie learning how to talk. I think she can understand him better than any of us. He'll say something, and she likes to help translate for him. She also can usually get him to try and say anything, where he'll tell Adam and I no. She's a great help.

*She was looking at my eyes one day and was telling me that they kinda looked blue, green, brownish. She then goes, "Some day when I'm a Mommy I think I want my eyes to be pinkish."
 
*If she sees a boy with long hair, she thinks it is the funniest thing. When we were at Zions a few weeks ago, she announced very loudly how silly the boy with the ponytail looked. Everyone else found her amusing as well. She asked me, "Mommy is that a boy or a girl?"
"Boy, SHHHH!"
"Why does he have a ponytail? That's silly he looks like a girl."

*She was randomly scribbling on Adam's whiteboard at work one day. I was trying to guess what she was drawing. "Bubbles, a maze, smoke?"
"Um no mom, those are lines and circles."
Ha! I guess I should know by now that when she is trying to draw something, it's good enough to have some kind of idea what it is. 
 
*She brought in a snail she got from outside to show me. I told her how cool it was and she goes, "Thanks! I caught it all by myself." (Like it was some kind of a challenge to catch)

*We had this returned missionary sing in our ward. He was amazing. At the dinner table that night we were talking about our day at church and how good he was. She added, "Yeah he was really good at singing. .....Mom, you don't sing very good. MMM dad you don't either."

*"Mommy I think that Milo is going to eat his hand for breakfast."
 
Whoops I cut off the F when taking this picture. She is able to write her name by herself now. (she usually doesn't write 4 'L's in her name) She is up for the challenge of the last name now. She wants to write it all. Adam looked at this and said, "Poor girl, that name is way too long." :)

*She thinks she can speak Spanish fluently. She is learning a few words at preschool. She's pretty good at remembering them. She comes home and makes up a bunch of words and tells us what she's supposedly saying. Then she tries to teach Ollie.

1 comment:

Travis Laurel said...

maybe from an old lady. I think I'm going to use that one from now on. hilarious! you should turn some of those into parents mag. every month they have a kids say page. its my fave to read cause they are always hilarious. just like gabe! so funny!